PDA

View Full Version : My New site is up

Frontier-Lawn
11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
heres my my new website after trial and error on 2 other companys(homestead, & yahoo) Frontier Lawn (http://frontierlawn.8m.com/index.html) what needs work to sand out the rough spots

tonygreek
11-10-2004, 08:43 PM
looks pretty good.

a few things:

a.) nice pic, but what does the ocean have to do with lawncare? actually, now that i look through it, looks like all the images are placeholders?

b.) probably would dump the "since 2004", unless you want to advertise you are so new (read: inexperienced).

c.) i'd think about forcing the page to a specific width (tables). on higher res monitors, it's spread out all over the place.

d.) lose the home page link off of the home page

e.) combine services and services coming soon in to one page. no reason to highlight a page of what you don't do. if you want to keep it, add something amusing such as "Breathe in outer space" as you probably can't do that yet, either. that'll let you know if people are reading it.

f.)lose the apostrophe in Photos and add to Customer's.

g.) get your contact info on all pages (phone).

h.) get descriptive content into the TITLE tags and add some relevant meta tags.

i.) last, but certainly not least... will you have your own domain name or is that 8m secondary host info still going to be needed? if so, you've got an uphill battle for anyone to ever remember your site.

lemme know if you need any clarifications.

tony

Frontier-Lawn
11-10-2004, 08:50 PM
its from freeservers.com and i can upgrade to my own name once i get the cash and get 10 email adds also

kootoomootoo
11-11-2004, 01:24 AM
for a few hundred bucks, a few pics, better sales gimmick I could make this look dynamite.

tonygreek
11-11-2004, 09:32 AM
that's the helpful attitude i'm sure he's looking for...
as i was typing out my points, it never dawned on me to charge him for that. guess i missed out.

tony

ALarsh
11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
So you spray & wash your equipment after every lawn you cut?

kootoomootoo
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
He also is "specialize in taking 100% responsibility"
No need to turn cutting grass into brain surgery.

All they want is there grass cut at the same time every week and everyones sweet. Disenfecting ....whatever.

Frontier-Lawn
11-12-2004, 06:47 PM
i may have to find a new company. this one now the sitebuilder wont load

Frontier-Lawn
11-17-2004, 06:27 PM
yup this company is grap. my services page keeps deleting. time to look again. and im not wanting to pay any setup fees!!! just $20 or less a month, and be able to build it myself.

Frontier-Lawn
11-17-2004, 06:49 PM
ok my what web name can i use this is taken already http://www.frontierlawn.com/

Frontier-Lawn
11-22-2004, 01:00 AM
ok i finished my website totally now whats the verdict on it :angel:

Lawn-Scapes
11-22-2004, 01:13 AM
You really should find a new/better photo. If I were looking for someone and saw that as a representation of your work.. I'd quickly be looking elsewhere.

The lawn looks like crap & there's crap laying all over the crappy lawn.

Otherwise the site looks okay.

Hope this helps........

Frontier-Lawn
11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
i have a prob. things keep disappearing off the web page of mine. whats with that!!

turf9
11-22-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't know how much business a guy gets from these websites but you better do something about those customer pics I've seen better landscapes on the "trailer park boys ".

Frontier-Lawn
11-22-2004, 05:25 PM
why is it that half the people on here are moronic a** clowns. and the other half are nice and helpful!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

tonygreek
11-22-2004, 06:08 PM
those pics are seriously bad. seriously bad...
if you are going to take pics on your own, make sure they are "after" shots and don't have your equipment laying all over the place. the lawn looks bad, so why not take pics of a better lawn that won't lead people to believe you're in the business of killing lawns?

tony

turf9
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
those pics are seriously bad. seriously bad...
if you are going to take pics on your own, make sure they are "after" shots and don't have your equipment laying all over the place. the lawn looks bad, so why not take pics of a better lawn that won't lead people to believe you're in the business of killing lawns?

tony

exactomondo.

T Edwards
11-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Dude.....the only thing worse than not advertising is bad advertising. And you're neck deep in it. Find a good host and get someone with page-building experience if you want a good looking web presence. All of us can build a bad site, but most choose not to.

Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh, but ma-a-a-a-a-an........

tonygreek
11-22-2004, 09:19 PM
t edwards, not even related to frontier's specific site issues, but i wish more people would take your advice. the freebie hosting companies, and some of the do-it-yourself software has really been counter-productive to alot of small business marketing.

from a pure design perspective, and effective brand awareness, i've built small business sites for a thousand dollars, and managed the multi-million dollar development of fortune 100 company's sites and, if done correctly, one can be just as successful as the other.

i like the analogy of would you let your 15 year old nephew take a shot at fixing your dual-hydro simply because he has a toolbox? nope. so why take a key part of your marketing and hand it over to the same nephew because his mom says "he knows computers reeeeal good" and owns a bootleg copy of microsoft's frontpage software?

climbing down off my soap box,
tony

lafrance4078
11-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Its got pop-ups!!!!!!!!

frakilk
11-27-2004, 09:48 PM
why is it that half the people on here are moronic a** clowns. and the other half are nice and helpful!!!

It's called constructive criticism. I had a look at your site and it could be quite nice with a few minor adjustments. Contact details on every page is a good start and definitely add descriptive page titles to each page.

Also on the services page under Services Coming Soon - 'Color beds are one of our specialties'. How can it be a speciality if the service is coming soon?

Frontier-Lawn
11-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Its got pop-ups!!!!!!!!

thats how it free :rolleyes:

tonygreek
11-28-2004, 12:58 AM
people seem to confuse "free" with the term "good idea".
most view pop-ups with disdain or as an annoyance. why annoy to save a buck? that's a great example of being counter-productive with marketing.

Frontier-Lawn
11-28-2004, 11:58 AM
people seem to confuse "free" with the term "good idea".
most view pop-ups with disdain or as an annoyance. why annoy to save a buck? that's a great example of being counter-productive with marketing.
tony,
im working on getting a good site set up. im interviewing local host/design people

drsogr
11-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Man that site sucks! That site is very counter-productive...as a customer I don't want to visit a business sites and be bombardered with advertising. Spend the $5 a month and get a popup free website.

I love the logo, its nice that Carlson Landscaping had visualsense design them a logo just for you to steal it and turn it in to your own. Spend some time and some money do stuff right. Nothing is worth doing unless its done right. Judging my how much time you spend on here maybe a second job to bring in more money is in order.

Frontier-Lawn
12-10-2004, 12:26 AM
fixed it hows it now forget the popups ill fix that later

Frontier-Lawn
12-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Man that site sucks! That site is very counter-productive...as a customer I don't want to visit a business sites and be bombardered with advertising. Spend the $5 a month and get a popup free website.

I love the logo, its nice that Carlson Landscaping had visualsense design them a logo just for you to steal it and turn it in to your own. Spend some time and some money do stuff right. Nothing is worth doing unless its done right. Judging my how much time you spend on here maybe a second job to bring in more money is in order.

i had my brother do my logo if he stole it its not my prob. if i get any major slack from the logo i'll pull it. it is only on the site any way nothing else so no biggy if i have to pull it :cool: and its the slow season here also cuz

tonygreek
12-10-2004, 12:54 AM
"i had my brother do my logo if he stole it its not my prob. if i get any major slack from the logo i'll pull it. "

first off, it is absolutely your problem. that comment is beyond ridiculous. if that were my logo, and i saw this post, i'd find extreme joy in having my attorney send you a cease and desist. how is that any different than being a scrub?

the picture, clearly not your work, is too large at 72k.

best of luck to you. you're more of a short-cut taker than i can handle.

Frontier-Lawn
12-10-2004, 01:07 AM
logo is gone and the templet is from gopher. and tony what templet should i use then from gopher since u dont like it. im not about to pay $250+ to any company on the net or local to design a web page that no one may even go to all the time. and i sent a nasty email to my brother about the logo. sorry for any problems ok :angel:

tonygreek
12-10-2004, 01:26 AM
to clarify, i didn't say i didn't like the template. that i like.

i think you need to spend more time on more important aspects of your start-up than this website thing. and coming from someone who had a nice career in the web world, that says a lot. try flyers. guarantee that helps you more.

Frontier-Lawn
12-10-2004, 01:29 AM
i got flyers i just need to find a good place to print them (staples here by my house i hate they burned me 2 many times on personal jobs) and sorry for the templet thing. im kinda po'd at the wife. she backed in to my truck