PDA

View Full Version : estimates on door hangers

kalyeah
11-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Who here puts the estimates on door hangers when putting them out? I would think that it would be a bad idea. Just looking for some input. Thanks in advance.

HOOLIE
11-11-2004, 01:55 PM
If the issue is you're worried about estimates blowing away and such, you could acheive the same effect by purchasing door hanger sleeves. Just a plastic sleeve with pre-cut holes for doorknobs. I would think most people wouldn't want all the prices and details out in the open.

gogetter
11-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Who here puts the estimates on door hangers when putting them out? I would think that it would be a bad idea. Just looking for some input. Thanks in advance.

My problem with that is, unless I can walk around the whole property and see eveything before I write a price on the door hanger, I wouldn't want to do it.

Two yards side by side and the exact same size, can be very different. And although it may only be a few dollar difference, I want that extra few dollars for a more difficult lawn.

I can't tell enough from the front yard to give a price.

twins_lawn_care
11-11-2004, 05:12 PM
I put the estimates on my door hangers, and people have commented on the fact that they like it. What I do is generally an area has the same sized lots, so most are say $30. some are bigger, and may be $35 houses. what you can do is use two color markers, then you can ask which color it is.
never had a problem with it though.

They, and I like doing this for a good reason, I do not have to drive back to give an estimate, and they don't have to try and reach a LCo to get a price. Quick and to the point, and have gotten jobs from this particular reason.

Here's the door hangers we have used, and will use again next year, as they are producing good #'s for us. hope it helps give you some ideas

gogetter
11-11-2004, 06:41 PM
What I do is generally an area has the same sized lots, so most are say $30. some are bigger, and may be $35 houses. what you can do is use two color markers, then you can ask which color it is.

Hey twins, I'm not following ya on the different color marker thing (possibly I would understand if I could see the door hanger you attached, but I can't seem to open it).
Can you explain it more? Thanks.

Team Gopher
11-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi Gogetter,

My problem with that is, unless I can walk around the whole property and see eveything before I write a price on the door hanger, I wouldn't want to do it.
You raise a good point.

If you need some free door hanger templates to get you started, click the image below.
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-1-71305-door_hanger_2_preview.gif (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942)

crawdad
11-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey twins, I'm not following ya on the different color marker thing (possibly I would understand if I could see the door hanger you attached, but I can't seem to open it).
Can you explain it more? Thanks.I couldn't either.

precisioncut
11-12-2004, 10:13 PM
I have tried the same thing before. I left a basic mowing price only. This price came from my experience of the homes in the area, which are all the same. On the doorhanger is also states that the price is subject to change and I will make proper adjustments after the first mow.

tinman
11-21-2004, 07:48 PM
I put the estimates on my door hangers, and people have commented on the fact that they like it. What I do is generally an area has the same sized lots, so most are say $30. some are bigger, and may be $35 houses. what you can do is use two color markers, then you can ask which color it is.
never had a problem with it though.

They, and I like doing this for a good reason, I do not have to drive back to give an estimate, and they don't have to try and reach a LCo to get a price. Quick and to the point, and have gotten jobs from this particular reason.

All my lawncare flyers will have prices on them this year. It saves me time , not going back for estimates. Most important it saves the customer time and they are time-poor like everyone else. Anything that makes it easier for the client to sign up.

Frontier-Lawn
11-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi Gogetter,

You raise a good point.

If you need some free door hanger templates to get you started, click the image below.
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/uploads/post-1-71305-door_hanger_2_preview.gif (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942)

just what i was thinking, team-g