PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sell ad space on vehicle?

tinman
11-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Anyone sell ad space on vehicle? If not all year , just the winter months? I had thought a little about this before & the other day I saw a LCO in my area with a box truck like mine with a sign on the unused areas that read "advertise here" . Just wondering what you could charge & what you guys thought about this.

JHLC
11-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I have been thinking about the same thing!

grass-scapes
11-11-2004, 11:18 PM
I have been thinking the same thing as well. There are billboard trucks around here during special events. I could sell space on my trailer and keep it there for a year. Sorry to the other LCO's but you can't advertise on my trailer. LOL. I can see it now.....another LCO putting their name on my trailer.

Timbo
11-11-2004, 11:24 PM
I've been trying to get Budweiser to advertise on my trucks. I guess the amount I want for it is a bit too much. Crown Royal and Jack Daniels is looking to sponsor vehicles. :p

rodbite
11-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Sold space on an old white van a few years back. Made a small buck.

Rod

mlutter
11-11-2004, 11:55 PM
A few weeks ago I saw an LCO riding around with a sign on the back of his trailer that said something like "Outdoor professionals choose Ocean Potion[logo] for suncare."

MOW ED
11-12-2004, 07:50 AM
I tried that but I had to turn business down because 4 other Lawn Care Companies wanted to advertise on my trailer! :p

Seriously, I have thought about that also. If you have any commercial customers like fast food places or local small businesses that you mow for it can be a great thing for both of you. I don't have an enclosed trailer but I have 3' sides that can be used. The other idea I had was to actually use lights or lighted signs while parked to advertise. I don't do much at night but there are some neat light setups that can be used in the daytime. Still working on those details.

John Gamba
11-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Most business given the chance will go with buses,cabs and rolling billboard trucks in stead of a Mowing crew type truck. The reasons given me was that the mowing crew employees sometimes are not in uniform or are peeing in bushes and alot of other things(get my drift) That are unsuitable for there taste.
But give it a try you may make a buck.
John

HOOLIE
11-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Maybe that could be the slogan under the Budweiser logo "Guys who work shirtless and pee in bushes drink Budweiser"

Top it off with a Hooters ad and you're good to go...LOL

tinman
11-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Maybe that could be the slogan under the Budweiser logo "Guys who work shirtless and pee in bushes drink Budweiser"

Top it off with a Hooters ad and you're good to go...LOL

Yea , it works great in Nascar & Little E. :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

The Captain
11-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Just a word of caution fellows. As much as I hate to say it, make sure you check with your "attorney" (uuck) as to liability, from both ends. The company you are selling space to could be sued if you had a wreck and possibly you could be sued for their company errors. Just be careful.

Jim

Freshcut Lawn Care
11-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Good point Captain! :waving:

Team Gopher
11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi tinman,

I think your trucks look outstanding the way they are now.

tinman
11-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks Gopher. I like my truck as well. I only have the sides of my cab doors that would be available.