PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Lesco Mowers

SouthernYankee
11-12-2004, 03:24 AM
Ok I have gotten a lot of info on exmark mowers since everyone seems to love them on this site. I have gotten mixed reviews on toro because of some of their deck systems.

What about Lesco? I am looking at the 48" rider? I went to their site but there arent any specs on their mowers.

Any info would be very helpful to me.

Travis Followell
11-12-2004, 06:55 AM
They are built by MTD and they use the same decks as the Cub tank series mowers. They have a deck called the command cut system. Or atleast the cub does. It has a lot of good features to produce a good cut such as one of the fastest blade sppeds, 1.7" blade overlap so it wont leave stringers when turning.They look like a good heavy duty machine that is worth looking at and considering.

wriken
11-12-2004, 08:48 AM
There as good as any out there. :)

65hoss
11-12-2004, 09:02 AM
For the price the Lesco is hard to beat. Quality...well maybe its better than it was a few years ago. They are Cubs now repainted, so the quality is probably better. Some like the cut quality, so don't. I would highly recommend you demo one on your properties and see how it CUTS. Don't drive around the parking lot.

You also need to consider the lesco dealer. How are they set up for repairs? Some people have good Lesco service centers. The guys at our local Lesco are great, but the service center sucks. They had 1 mechanic early last season get hurt at home. 2 full seasons later they still don't have him back or a replacement. Corportate wouldn't let them hire someone at first, then they don't want to pay what it will cost for a mechanic.

Even though they have the best price on a 60" ZTR I've seen in YEARS, I wouldn't buy it for that reason.