PDA

View Full Version : Rear end goes out....AGAIN

Eric 1
11-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Oh man, this has been a bad month. :help:
As some of you may know, 2 weeks ago the rearend in my truck took a crap. Well i took it to a shop and they rebuilt it (supposedly) Now yesterday it craped out again!!!!!!!! same thing, now i am 1 week behind from the last breakdown and it cost me $800, now i have to do it all again. The dude did not install it right, it wore into the ring gear and screwed up bearings. And i only drove it maybe 150 miles before it broke again. :angry: :realmad: I am not happy. Nothing like waisting almost a grand huh? payup

Oh to ad insult to injury the guy that fixed it the first time says "sorry, cant do anything about it" So now i get to spend $1000 to get someone else to do it. Some of that was my eb8000 money. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for putting up with my rant, i needed to vent.

tinman
11-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Sux man. They should back up there work. I had a starter put on 2 weeks ago and Tuesday of this week my truck would not crank after I gassed up. Call the place & told them,,,, they sent out a wrecker & fixed it that evening & I picked it up that evening.. No charge. Way it should be.

Tvov
11-12-2004, 10:16 AM
You're not alone with truck problems. I think before the new year all my vehicles will essentially be brand new (!). Everytime I say "Well, what else could possibly break?" the next week another truck is in the shop.

Eric 1
11-12-2004, 10:18 AM
You're not alone with truck problems. I think before the new year all my vehicles will essentially be brand new (!). Everytime I say "Well, what else could possibly break?" the next week another truck is in the shop.

Yep, thats me, this truck is going new truck for next year.

twwlawn
11-12-2004, 10:23 AM
When any truck or equipment starts the nickel and dime effect, they are history. I buy new, it's worth the cost to me in the long run.

Up North
11-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh man, this has been a bad month. :help:
As some of you may know, 2 weeks ago the rearend in my truck took a crap. Well i took it to a shop and they rebuilt it (supposedly) Now yesterday it craped out again!!!!!!!! same thing, now i am 1 week behind from the last breakdown and it cost me $800, now i have to do it all again. The dude did not install it right, it wore into the ring gear and screwed up bearings. And i only drove it maybe 150 miles before it broke again. :angry: :realmad: I am not happy. Nothing like waisting almost a grand huh? payup

Oh to ad insult to injury the guy that fixed it the first time says "sorry, cant do anything about it" So now i get to spend $1000 to get someone else to do it. Some of that was my eb8000 money. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for putting up with my rant, i needed to vent.

Dude, I'd be in their face about this deal. That's a crock of !@#$ telling you they can't do anything about it. They agreed to fix it for $800 and they didn't...either you should get your $800 back or they should fix it. Say you did a paver job for a customer, a week after completion they go out there and the pavers are peeling up or coming out, I would hope you wouldn't tell them "sorry, can't do anything about it".

Buck

FrankenScagMachines
11-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Shoulda got a Ford wouldn't have had a rear end go out to start with. But sorry to hear about your circumstance. One of these days surely you can aFord to get a real truck! haha... sorry to kick a man when he's down but i couldn't resist.

seriously i hope you get it fixed. maybe threaten the shop saying you'll take it to small claims court? thats practically theft, 150 miles is nothing, no way anyone i know can trash a rear end in 150 miles he had to know it was his fault. if he won't do anything about it i'd put him on my personal blacklist and talk smack about him to everyone any chance i get, and i'd let him know i would do that too!

Green Pastures
11-12-2004, 10:56 AM
When any truck or equipment starts the nickel and dime effect, they are history. I buy new, it's worth the cost to me in the long run.

BINGO! You're going to afford it one way or the other.

jpmako
11-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Shoulda got a Ford wouldn't have had a rear end go out to start with. But sorry to hear about your circumstance. One of these days surely you can aFord to get a real truck! haha... sorry to kick a man when he's down but i couldn't resist.

seriously i hope you get it fixed. maybe threaten the shop saying you'll take it to small claims court? thats practically theft, 150 miles is nothing, no way anyone i know can trash a rear end in 150 miles he had to know it was his fault. if he won't do anything about it i'd put him on my personal blacklist and talk smack about him to everyone any chance i get, and i'd let him know i would do that too!

I have three Fords

1 F-250 Trans Blew up
2 F-350 Rear end took a crap
3 F-600 Trans Blew up

Next truck will be a GMC 2500HD Duramax/Allison

Eric 1
11-12-2004, 11:14 AM

I thought you would say that. :) My next truck is a Ford. We will see how they hold up. I am already looking into one.

He is on the blacklist, I dont have time this week to do anything with him, however i talked to a lawyer friend last night and set up to talk to him monday about it.

You should see this truck man, it would out work your's. It is a 1990 F350 12ft flatbed with 7.3 diesel and 5spd. the whole thing is bright red. It was REALLY nice

FrankenScagMachines
11-12-2004, 11:21 AM
how can it outwork mine? same doggone thing there buddy. my 460 will keep up with the 7.3 (mine's 7.5) in everything except extreme loads and gas mileage. it is a hoss of a motor son... but yeah that'd be a really nice work truck for you! get out of a chevy already.

Eric 1
11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
how can it outwork mine? same doggone thing there buddy. my 460 will keep up with the 7.3 (mine's 7.5) in everything except extreme loads and gas mileage. it is a hoss of a motor son... but yeah that'd be a really nice work truck for you! get out of a chevy already.

Take it easy man. I did't know you were so touchy about the truck.

I have never owned a big block so i don't know what they are capable of. I just assumed that a diesel would have more torque, and the manual trans would help some to.

By the Yard
11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't care what truck you own, you beat on it....it won't last. Its all in the driver. I yell at my guys all the time. Hard on the equipment, hard on the truck. Oh, by the way...

Happy Friday-

twins_lawn_care
11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
I would look into having the shop stand behind their work as well. there is no reason it should have went out after 150 miles, and if what went out the second time is anything that they touched, they can be held liable, and court is not somewhere they want to be. don't let this slide, as they give everyone it happens to this line, and only have to fix the ones who stand up for themselves.

had similar thing happen to me with Clutch install I had done. shop told me his guy never put in a high performance clutch, and had to do it twice to get it in right? then he said they'd split the cost with me on the second install. no chance, didn't pay for anythign but what it went in for.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck though, another Chevy man here to back you up though!

Eric 1
11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
I don't care what truck you own, you beat on it....it won't last. Its all in the driver. I yell at my guys all the time. Hard on the equipment, hard on the truck. Oh, by the way...

Happy Friday-

bla bla bla. I do not drive it hard, i respect it, it is my livelihood.

p.s. I thought it was monday :laugh:

Thanks Twins, us chevy people have to stick together and stand up against all those mean ford freaks that try to push us around and call us names........That if this chevy dont behave i will soon be joining.lol.

By the Yard
11-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Sorry Eric, wasn't directing that towards you.

:drinkup:

Eric 1
11-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Sorry Eric, wasn't directing that towards you.

:drinkup:

Forgotten. :drinkup:

DLS1
11-12-2004, 01:24 PM
What kind of shop did you go to that wouldn't fix it after breaking down 2 weeks later. I would call the state attorney generals office and see if that shop is required to repair it for free.

Bray
11-12-2004, 03:09 PM
If you paid by check or credit card dispute the charges. You have 30 days at the bank and like 60 on the creditcard in writing of coarse. Don't let them get away with it. You need to also call the BBB and report them they can also help you. I would definitly stop payment before it is too late though.

Eric 1
11-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Paid cash, plan on going to talk to him about it mon.

Eric 1
11-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Well I got my truck back today. :cool:

Went and talked to the first man and after i threatened to take legal action he refunded 80% of my money. Not 100% but not bad either. Sometimes you got to take what you can get.