PDA

View Full Version : working with snow

MikeLandscaping
11-12-2004, 05:30 PM
How unfortunate can i get started working today next thing you know its snowing out if its mind. They are saying we could get upwards to 2 inches im gonna be way behind if that happens. Anyone else with me on this problem or ne other problem?

jt5019
11-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Same problem here but with temps going back to the 50s soon you will probably only miss the weekend at most.I remeber last season i was sucking up a pile of leaves with 6 inches of snow on the ground.Plow hooked up and leaf box on the other end :)

Currinson
11-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Yeh the snow cut the clean ups short today, I switched it up and started applying the 5th step of fertilizer, that worker for a little while. I hope it melts soon, alot of leaves left here. Arent customers funny, they all want to " be the last clean up, when all of the leaves are down" and then suddenly at the first forcast of snow they all call wondering where you are.
I tell them the weather is one thing we cant control, they ask well what about the leaves if it snows, I reasure them by reminding them that the weathermen are only correct 30 % of the time, but if they are correct I will plow their driveway if they would like.

Take Care

Erick

MikeLandscaping
11-12-2004, 07:25 PM
What apr of ct you in?

gene gls
11-12-2004, 08:45 PM
I still have about 35 cleanups to do. Hope to be done by Dec 1.......

Gene

Lawnchoice
11-12-2004, 09:49 PM
I think the snow should melt for us all before next week. Back in action on Monday.

20 more cleanups to go!

dcondon
11-12-2004, 09:56 PM
we still have about 20 clean-up's to do. I wish it would snow tommorow!!!!!! tired of dealing with lawns............ I will say the same thing with snow bythe end of Jan.

MikeLandscaping
11-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Yea it put us really behind now. I still have about 5 more lawns to do before its snows big time.

grassrootsinab
11-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I got stopped in October. We had about 4 inches of snow on or about the 10th. It hung around for a while and I thought that it was here to stay. Winterized all the machinary and stored it for the winter. This last week we had temperatures of +11 celsius (have no idea in farenheit...never did get the 9/5 +32 etc) and could probably have cut. I only had 2 final cuts left. The clients are OK with leaving it 'til spring. I just thought it wasn't worth having to re-winterize everything again. Dang snow....guess that's what I get for living north of the 49th parallel. Good news though is the snow is in the hills and the ski hills are already open!!! Yahoo!!!!