PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards From NEBS

TNLC owners
11-12-2004, 06:37 PM
I just recieved my sample christmas card from nebs today and I was a little disappointed with the quality. The printing and everything was fine but I thought the card felt pretty flimsy. Are the real cards as thin as the sample or are they made from thicker card stock? The sample wasn't even folded when I got it. Any help concerning this would be great. Thanks

Turfdude
11-12-2004, 06:40 PM
We've used them in the past. A lot of companies from all industries do. Your local print shops can also get holiday cards. If you think they're flimsy, maybe you would consider calendars or something else for the holiday.

mtdman
11-14-2004, 04:28 AM
I do not understand buying Christmas cards from companies like this. Usually they are overpriced and don't look so great. I go to Target or Meijer, buy a hundred cards for about $25, and then run them through my printer and put a personal message on them. Not only is it cheaper, I find they look just as nice as the ones that are specially printed. Most people don't pay any attention to them, especially the long term customers that know they are coming every year. It's such a waste to spend more money than necessary on them, especially during the lean winter months.

proenterprises
11-14-2004, 01:03 PM
i dont know if this is a good philosophy, but i would only mail cards out to customers who this was their 1st year of service. mtd man was right, most will come to expect it annually and just toss it, and its a waste of money to pay for somthing that just gets pitched out anyway.

anyone else agree?

LwnmwrMan22
11-14-2004, 03:18 PM
I used to do this, even bought gifts in the past.

Got to the point, realized I was spending $2000 / year on things, as said....whoa... no more.

Then one year had 2 customers complain because I sent "Christmas" cards, not "Holiday" cards and let it spoil it for the rest. Figured it's not worth the hassle.

Haven't lost a customer because I didn't send a card yet.