PDA

View Full Version : Black Rock Lawn Mower

procut
11-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Up until a few months ago I used a 52" Black Rock walk behind mower. I had never heard of a Black Rock mower before. I bought it at an auction real cheap. It was always a good machene, but decided to upgrade to ZTR. Just wondered if anyone else ever heard of these mowers?

hole in one lco
11-12-2004, 11:12 PM
not as a mower but they made a good driver called killer bee

craglawnmanor
11-13-2004, 01:11 AM
I think this was the company that made "Byers" (or "Byers Gold") mowers a number of years ago. I believe they may have gone bankrupt. Based in either Louisville, or southern IN?

Also, I think I read that their assets were purchased, and that the factory was producing the mower that Landscaper's Supply markets.

Richard Martin
11-13-2004, 04:08 AM
Black Rock was purchased by Landscaper Supply a while ago. There wasn't really a factory involved. They bought the engines and components like spindles and bearings from various suppliers and had the frame and deck parts built in China. Everything was assembled in a warehouse and shipped from there. Landscaper Supply had the entire mower line including the prints, whatever mower components they had left over and Chinese contacts for sale on Ebay for $50,000. I don't know if anybody bought it or not.

macaw
11-13-2004, 08:18 AM
My first w/b was a Black Rock 48'' 15hp belt drive a good mower for what I paid.
I still got it I use it for a backup. When my son works with me in the summer it's used full time. next year I will be selling it. Getting a new Scag and my Scag I'm
using now will be my backup.

Mowingman
11-13-2004, 09:24 AM
I believe that the "Bradely" mowers have some connection to the Landscapers Supply/Blackrock machines. They look exactly like them, and are manufactured in China I believe. An outfit called "Mower Sulky", or something like that, had a really funny video clip, on their website, advertising the Bradely mowers. The narrator of the video had just finished a course in speaking English before he made the video. It was pretty funny.

proenterprises
11-13-2004, 12:04 PM
I believe that the "Bradely" mowers have some connection to the Landscapers Supply/Blackrock machines. They look exactly like them, and are manufactured in China I believe. An outfit called "Mower Sulky", or something like that, had a really funny video clip, on their website, advertising the Bradely mowers. The narrator of the video had just finished a course in speaking English before he made the video. It was pretty funny.

lol yes i have watched that video. its not the speaker, i think what they did was recorded te video in chinese, and then used a translstor to change it to english. its in half english and half chinese, they lost somthing somwhere in the translation LOL

tn_redman
08-16-2011, 01:13 PM
hey procut, i just bought one of the 52" the landscaper mowers made by black rock and i am trying to find out what deck belt it takes.Do you have any idea and does your mower have the manual blade engagement on it?

RoyJ01
08-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I just purchased a deck belt, the large one, for my mower. If have not found let me know and I will look up the brand and number. RoyJ01