PDA

View Full Version : Equipment and parts online???????

Jackman
11-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Anyone buy parts or equipment online? Whats your source, do you have a web link?????

lawnman_scott
11-13-2004, 02:50 AM
www.j-thomas.com is a good place to get parts reasonable. They have schematics for most mowers as well to make it easier.

kickin sum grass
11-13-2004, 07:58 AM
I have yet to find anything cheaper online by the time you pay shipping. The only parts I bought online was 2 spark plugs for my redmax blowers. I could not find the "special plugs used by red max" anywhere on the eastern side of the country. No dealer, red max distributor, or auto parts stores. Kinda stupid isn't it. I found them in california had had them shipped. It ended up costing 20 bucks per plug for these "special plugs" and shipping.

Jackman
11-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Lawnman Scott thanks Ill check out JT Thomas......Kickin Sum Grass, I hear ya on those Stato plugs, had one foul out went to all the local non Redmax dealers none available so I had down time plus a 25 mile drive time to the Red max dealer the plugs were 8 dollars a peice however this year they got them down to 5 a piece....... Anyway my quest for an online source has more to do with convience than saving money, nothing better than a phone call and having the parts at your door...... Time is money right????

kickin sum grass
11-13-2004, 09:24 AM
correct, time is money in this business. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I can think of at least 10 dealers in about 10-12 miles. I drive by at least 2 a day while working. The only brands not sold is walker and hustler in these dealers. 3 dealers are exmark, a couple toro's, couple bunton, and a couple have several brands to choose from.
I forget that some guys don't have closer dealers. I look at that if I am broke I can call a couple places and get parts right away. For example, On wed my blade switch went out and I had a new one installed and back mowing in 30 min. So in my situation it is quicker to buy from dealers and have the parts in my hands the same day. If I had to drive or the dealer had to order parts than I probably would consider the online ordering.

Good post. It shows how different options work better for different people.

I think there used to be one at www.mowbetter.com if I remeber correctly.
I used to have 4 or 5 catalogs but I think I threw them out. I will look latter just in case I didn't and post if I find them.

Back40Lawns
12-16-2004, 05:27 PM
I have never had to buy special plugs for my Redmax equipment. I'm not sayin that you guys are wrong, but I've always used a Champion brand plug(cj8????). Not sure of the size. I do have one Redmax weedeater that is 5 years old and still running strong.

out4now
12-16-2004, 06:31 PM
I have yet to find anything cheaper online by the time you pay shipping. The only parts I bought online was 2 spark plugs for my redmax blowers. I could not find the "special plugs used by red max" anywhere on the eastern side of the country. No dealer, red max distributor, or auto parts stores. Kinda stupid isn't it. I found them in california had had them shipped. It ended up costing 20 bucks per plug for these "special plugs" and shipping.

20 bucks? Ouch. What's so special about em?

Gautreaux's LNG
12-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Dealer must have been ripping you off... Champion and NGK both make plugs for RedMax. There's nothing special about them. Should never cost you more that $4.00-5.00 / each.

mownlawns
12-16-2004, 09:47 PM
I have purchased several parts from Mow More Landscape Supplies, Inc. located in Lancaster, New York. Never waited more than 2-3 days to have items shipped to the door. Shipping is reasonable.
http://www.mowmore.com

beransfixitinc
12-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Not to start something.. but I've just got a question. If the places being listed in this thread are not sponsors of Lawnsite (I don't know if they are or not) like Landscape Supply, then why isn't anybody (mod) getting in this thread and telling people to stop advertising for something that isn't a sponsor of the site? Is it because the people telling the people about the places are not directly related or employed by the places?

Again.. just curious.

RICHIE K
12-17-2004, 07:22 AM
TRY MILL SUPPLY CO. WWW.MOWER-PARTS.NET

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

Texas Mower Parts
12-17-2004, 09:00 AM
www.wacolandscapesupply.com