PDA

View Full Version : How much are you guys paying for your trailers, NEW.

RedWingsDet
11-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Howdy, im just wondering how much you guys are paying for your trailers NEW, if you dont mind me asking.... Im thinking of getting a 7x16 or 8x17 ft enclosed trailer next year, but I want to see what you guys are paying first.

I can get a US Cargo trailer for $100 over cost, its just a matter of what style I would want, also, what do you guys recommend? are US Cargo good trailers? What have you expierenced with them?

Becides the weight of an enclosed trailer and the blind spots and not enough monuverability what are the other downsides to them?

Thanks in Advandce.

(sorry my spelling sucks, im super tired and its 12:30am. lol)

Metro Lawn
11-13-2004, 04:06 AM
Mark, US Cargo is a Forest River Brand I think. They make Cargo Mate, Haulin, and a few others. A standard 7x16 with a ramp door is around 4000.00 at Shores Trailer

UNISCAPER
11-13-2004, 10:04 AM
We only buy Wells Cargo, and Featherlite trailers. About $7,000 for a 7' wide x 20' long WC, and a Featherlite is around $10k for the same, but they are all aluminum, great for hauling race cars.

The reason I use these two brands is simple. Ever go chasing around for brake parts on a trailer? These two brands have used the same brakes for years, and all I need to do is call in a serial number, and can get the correct brakes over a counter without having to take them off, compare, or wait for the right ones to come in, this rendering the trailer useless until you get them.

Before buying an off brand trailer, ask the dealer/manufacturer who makes the brakes and axles, and how long have they used that same model brake/axle combo for. If they play musical parts numbers, I would not buy the trailer I don't care how much less it is than others. Down time is everything, particularly for those of you in areas where it snows.

RedWingsDet
11-20-2004, 03:47 AM
i see what your saying. but why would it matter if it snows? im not using it in the winter.

DGI
11-25-2004, 04:15 AM
Because you must maximize your productivity in your limited time span.

I can't remember what we paid for our newest trailer but it seemed like too much. Over $7000 for a tall 8x20 Cargo mate. I'll see if I can find out.