PDA

View Full Version : Newsletters?

lawnkid
11-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Does anyone here send out monthly newsletters out to their customers keeping them updated on services you provide, discounts and so on. I think next year I will begin sending out newsletters to my cusomters as a better way of communication. If anyone has anything to add about what else they include in newsletters or what they put in them to appeal to the cusotomer and so forth. Shoot me some ideas. Thank You

Branchland
11-13-2004, 09:32 AM
I send out a newsletter with my invoices if it getting close to time for a type of service. Such as seed and/or fertilizer. I tell them the basics on why this perticular service is needed and to call if they would like a price. So far I've gotten a good response from doing this. They tell me that they like the information and I'm telling them about services 1-2 months before time to do it. I'm sure some of them take this info and do the work themselves but that's ok by me. But sending out letters is easier than calling everybody.

shepoutside
11-13-2004, 09:34 AM
I do a quarterly newsletter. I'm Full service, and do all outside maintenance, so I do use this format, to remind them of other things I do, they may need. I show some before - after pics, and mention things, they may not think about, and seasonal things I do. Has worked well for me, and It gives me a chance to tell them all I can do, and to educate them too. If one thing, say window cleaning, is slow, then I can offer specials too, and try to build this up. I have found out, that this can lead to other work, as suppliers to one company, have called me, and said they read this at so 'n so's, and that's how they got my name. A few employee's have called me, after reading this, so I find it's worth the effort. Good Luck with yours!!!

Gautreaux's LNG
11-13-2004, 03:27 PM
We use newsletters to notify customers of other services we provide. Usually right before it's time to apply fert, etc. We also use them to remind them of the changes in the schedule. Our October newsletter will remind them that in November we start cutting bi-weekly! We also add a quote of the month for fun!

1MajorTom
11-13-2004, 03:39 PM
I used to send out newsletters, a lot of work I think composing a good one, making it look good, etc. I started to find out that a lot of our customers weren't even reading them!! No way, when I found that out, I stopped the newsletters, I wasn't going to waste my time anymore.

kory landscaping
12-02-2004, 07:36 PM
I used to send out newsletters, but that really didn't get much response. Try Specials of month flyers. I've got alot of business this year. Also do a savings coupon deal, seniors love that word SAVINGS.

How's business?.

Wayne
Kory Landscaping

walker-talker
12-02-2004, 08:06 PM
If you want to run monthly specials, why not just have them printed on your invoice or include a flyer with your invoice.....that's what I would do.

Frontier-Lawn
12-02-2004, 09:37 PM
what about a referral bonus to your current client's? what do u offer?

tiedeman
12-03-2004, 12:08 AM
I stopped doing the newsletters when I really sat down and figured out the cost in composing them and worst of all, printing them.

Mark McC
12-03-2004, 08:17 AM
Newsletters are great at what they do, and not so great at what they don't do.

If you know what you want to accomplish, you can figure out if a newsletter is really right for you. Trying just to market more services to existing clients? Don't bother with a newsletter. Just add something to the monthly invoice.

Trying to get your name out there in the city in which you operate? A newsletter can be very effective, but you should find out what is involved and be ready to commit to the effort and expense over a long term. Name recognition takes time to build up, and one or two editions of a newsletter won't do it.