PDA

View Full Version : what do your customers REALLY think about you?

bobbygedd
11-13-2004, 12:31 PM
i'll try to keep it short. i have a customer, an aquaintance(oh no). she is way, way out of my service area. in fact, i have nothing within several miles of her direction. she rquested my service 2 yrs ago. i told her i'd do it, but on my spare time, and she better start looking for someone local. well, 2 yrs later, she still insists she needs me, she likes the way i work. i cut her grass, clean leaves, but she's always at the bottom of the list. so, i go there today, havn't been there in several weeks. she comes at me like a linebacker, "where u been, my place is a wreck, etc." i explain to her that i've told her a million times i don't cum up this way, but she just don't listen. she goes on to say, "i don't believe you, i'm sure u cum up this way for something, even personal matters, why can't u just bring your blower, and spend an hour or so here each time you're in the area?" i tell her i do not come up there, EVER, for anything, personal or business. she says, "liar. when was the last time you were in the area?" so, i think for a minute. i tell her, "well, a few weeks ago i went to a doctor up this way, i was having bad CHEST PAINS, and they told me come right in." she goes, "see that....now why couldn't you bring your blower and stop here?"

NNJLandman
11-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Well if i was in your situation tell her the only way to be on the top of your list would to be pay extra. Charge her some extra loot to make it worth while for you to travel up that way. my 2 cents.

Jeff

tonygreek
11-13-2004, 12:46 PM
bobby, after reading those typos, are you still talking about lawn mowing, or some other form of customer service you provide? :blush:

tony

ALarsh
11-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Add a $25 out-of-the-way surcharge and tell her you are on top of your list now. She'll accept if she really wants you that bad. OR, start advertising in that area since there is nobody else is there to serve them… could be a real money makin' area payup

walker-talker
11-13-2004, 01:15 PM
bobby, after reading those typos, are you still talking about lawn mowing, or some other form of customer service you provide? :blush:

tony
uhhh...yea....I was thinking the same thing...ummm :drinkup:

Smithers
11-13-2004, 04:39 PM
I'd drop her because she does not listen and because you are losing money if you go there.

I have the same situation. My friend lives 15 miles away. I go and cut his grass, which takes me one hour, come back and get paid $20. So, 1 hr travel, 1 hr cutting, and machine use for $20.

Next year i will get more accounts that are closer and drop him.

bobbygedd
11-13-2004, 04:59 PM
ok guys, the travel time is the obvious. the point i was trying to make is.....that the client claimed i should stop by "whenever you're in the area", when told the last time i was in the area, was a trip to the doctor, BECAUSE OF CHEST PAINS, her only reply was, "see, you WERE in the area that day....you could have stopped and cleaned my leaves." without no CONCERN WHATSOEVER for my failing heart, she suggested i should have cleaned the leaves. ;)

Freshcut Lawn Care
11-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Well you were in the area.... :blush:

I agree with others, either charge a Premium or say bye bye!!!

You already knew the answer though didn't you Bobby. :)

ALarsh
11-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Maybe.. if you want to drop her without actually saying it, drive around that "area" and stop by at her house at midnight, fire up the mowers and start cleaning her leaves. She comes out yelling at you and why your doing it at midnight, you reply with, "Well, I was in the area and you told me whenever i'm near your house I should stop by and clean your leaves, so I stoped by." :)

tiedeman
11-13-2004, 05:09 PM
I feel that a lot of times my customers expect me to jump for them when they ask me for something, because I HAVE jumped for them in the past.

Shuter
11-13-2004, 05:38 PM
I have some very nice customers that I see around town and we chat and act like normal adults. On the other hand I have some customers that look down on me like am their slave.

My wife and I saw a couple ( a customer) last night at a social function. White collar couple with some bucks, living in a $700,000 house in a neighborhood of very expensive homes. The husband said hello, but the wife just looked at me and raised her head and walked away. Some people are very funny.

I could care less as long as they pay their bills.

YardPro
11-13-2004, 05:43 PM
hey it's spelled COME

you been spending too much time on those adult sites???

tiedeman
11-13-2004, 09:28 PM
hey it's spelled COME

you been spending too much time on those adult sites???

I know. Everytime I read his posts and I COME to that word he uses I always do a double take