PDA

View Full Version : Visa????

Lawnworks
11-13-2004, 03:18 PM
I got some info on a visa dealer. Let me know what you think. $30 a month w/ 2% transaction fee. The part I don't like is the machine is leased w/ a 48 month contract or $750 outright payment for the machine. Does anybody know of any better deals out there? Has anybody been able to reach more customers b/c of credit cards?

Gautreaux's LNG
11-13-2004, 03:24 PM
We use Quickbooks, payments by CC have to be called into the office. No extra cost for the machine and the secrtary (my wife) punches in the numbers in the comp and presto ! This may not be what you need but works for us. We don't get paid by CC to often.

impactlandscaping
11-13-2004, 10:24 PM
We use the Lawn and garden dealer's association..best around IMO..get the info here:
www.lgda.com
They are in the green industry for the green industry, and many other benefits with their programs..

Lawnworks
11-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Looks like you can get a terminal there for $99 instead of $750.

HOOLIE
11-13-2004, 11:24 PM
I pay around $30 per month for processing. It's just a phone-in system, although they did make me buy the imprinter thing initially for $35. I've only actually seen 1 credit card in person since I started.

Lawnworks
11-14-2004, 08:46 AM
how many a month do you do? Do advertise that you do credit cards?

Frontier-Lawn
11-14-2004, 10:24 AM
i like this company it also supports telecheck so you know if the customer has bounced checks else were before you accept it from them products/terminal/lp_eclipse.htm (http://www.cardservicesales.com/products/terminal/lp_eclipse.htm)

HOOLIE
11-14-2004, 01:26 PM
how many a month do you do? Do advertise that you do credit cards?

Right now only 3 customers (out of 65) use their CC on a regular basis. A couple others do so now and then. I've always had it printed on my invoices that they can use this option. I dunno, I assumed more people would want to do this. If it doesn't pick up a bit for next year I may drop it.

cleancutccl
11-14-2004, 03:18 PM
set up a paypal account, then show the customers how to pay through that. If you then set up a paypal debit card the fees are only 1% and no monthly fee. If the customer can use email they can pay on paypal.

GrassMasterNC
11-15-2004, 09:41 AM
I like the paypal idea...what is your opinion of it and how hard was it to set up?
Is it worth it for a growing business? How difficult is it for your clients to set up and pay? Is it worth it for them and how difficult is it for you to track?

Compared to visa.....?

Compared to waiting for the check in the mail....?

Thanks, man!

A Leaf Above
11-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Paypal is very easy to setup in the beginning.There are no
monthly fees and all they take out is a percentage of transaction..Ive been usin paypal for years on a personal basis...

Team Gopher
11-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Hi Lawnworks,

Here are some older posts to help you with your research.

Accepting Credit Cards (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=63813)

Do you accept credit cards? (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=83031)

Need Help - Credit Card Processing (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=69598)

Frontier-Lawn
11-17-2004, 12:41 PM
here the email i got from card services: i think when i do take cards i will go with them. when u pass a check though the check reader it takes it out like a credit card so no returned checks to deal with

Hi Dave,

Here is some information about a terminal that will handle both your credit cards and the checks you receive. With Telecheck's Electronic Check Acceptance, you will never have to bring a check down to the bank to get deposited, you'll never have to worry about checks bouncing because you will be guaranteed those funds, and you will never see an NSF fee again. We offer the lowest rates for credit card acceptance and we offer top of line terminals that do not break down on our merchants. If this is something you are interested in talking further about this terminal or if you have any questions, please contact me directly and I would be happy to answer any questions for you. In terms of time a time frame for when I can get you a terminal, I would be able to supply you with a terminal within 4 business days. Have a great day Dave!!!

Here is the information you requested about The Eclipse TeleCheck All-In-One Payment Terminal.

TeleCheck® Electronic Check AcceptanceSM and Guarantee Service.
The TeleCheck® Electronic Check AcceptanceSM and Guarantee Service converts paper checks into electronic payments at the point of sale and delivers funds directly to your bank account. This new digital process improves your cash flow. Once the check is approved, it's TeleCheck's responsibility! No returned checks, deposit fees, warranty claims or hassles. Just like with credit cards, the service ensures quick funds settlement.

This new service will literally change the way you think about checks now and in the future. This service not only delivers a streamlined check acceptance process, but also eliminates returned checks, returned check fees and warranty claims, while reducing check fees and trips to the bank. It also means reduced paperwork and improved cash flow through faster closing/balancing and settlement.

Converts Paper Checks Into Electronic Items

Designed to mirror the process currently used for credit cards, the ECA service converts paper checks into electronic items at the point of sale and automatically deposits these funds into your bank account utilizing the TeleCheck EclipseTM payment terminal, a specialized terminal that processes checks, credit cards and debit cards all-in-one.

Purchase The Eclipse for $995.00 or lease it for $59/month for 48 months. We pay first month's lease payment!

Discounted Fee Schedule:

Merchant Account Set-Up: Free
Application Fee: Free
Annual Fee: Free
Visa/MasterCard Discount Rates:
Debit Card Transaction Fee (With Pinpad): 1.55% + $0.30 Per Transaction
$0.30 Per Transaction Only!
24/7 Customer Support + Statement Fee: $10.00 Per Month
TeleCheck Check Processing Rates: 1.47%-1.97% + $0.15 + $5.00 Statement.

If you are ready to get started or have additional questions, please give me a call toll free at (866) 416-0244, Ext 109.

Thank you again for your interest in Cardservice International.Sincerely,

Andy Riel
Senior Account Representative
Cardservice International
(866) 416-0244 Ext 109 Toll Free
(805) 725 3125 Fax
andy@cardservicesales.com
www.cardservicesales.com

drsogr
11-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Geesh ICC. $995 for a machine to process? For someone with a craftsmen edger you sure do dream big!

Green Dreams
11-17-2004, 05:10 PM
No thank you...I'll stick with my PayPal merchant account. Its free to the customer and I never have to know or keep track of anyones cc numbers...

Frontier-Lawn
11-17-2004, 05:13 PM
hey i am still looking.... plus i would lease it and i can electronical take check payments and not have to deal with returned checks. i use to work for publix and each store gets about 40 bad checks a week. and i dont want to go throu the hasels of chaseing the money

Frontier-Lawn
11-17-2004, 05:16 PM
No thank you...I'll stick with my PayPal merchant account. Its free to the customer and I never have to know or keep track of anyones cc numbers...
yes i to have a pay-pal merchant account to from my ebay bizz days. and i will take that to start. but if i get a lot of cc payments i may get a reader setup

Lawnworks
11-17-2004, 08:49 PM
The $995 is ridiculous. It sounds like a terminal can be bought for $99. I don't like the sound of the paypal deal. I don't want to rely on the customer to check his e-mail or go to paypal to make the payment. That kind of defeats the idea in my opinion. I think I am giong to call the lawn dealers association.

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 01:46 AM
I pay $14.95 a month with Quickbooks merchant account and 20 cents for each transaction with a 2.35% charge to the transaction amount.

Frontier-Lawn
11-18-2004, 10:11 AM
well i use ms money i have never liked quiken and there products

Lawnworks
11-18-2004, 07:24 PM
I am going to set up w/ lawn and garden dealers association. No leasing equipment. They are going to loan me a terminal for no charge. There are three rates w/ no surcharges. The rate I will use will be the "mail order/over the phone rate" at 2.03%. You can't beat this deal. More expensive terminals can be purchased for $190 or $395, if you need a faster connection or more options. Oh and if you are a member of their association for $50 a year there is no statement fee for the month(if you have any transactions.) There is committment for 3 years, but there is no penalty if you cancel. This sounds like a winner.