PDA

View Full Version : Dropping a customer...

GTLC
11-13-2004, 06:37 PM
OK, obviously I haven't been doing my homework lately. I finally finished my mowing year. And then I realized I mowed at the home of an owner of a local moving & storage company. It finally hit me that this is the same guy that tried to steal thousands of dollars from my uncle's girlfriend one year ago. However, this guy is nice to me at least and always pays me on time?

Should I drop him b/c of the risk or keep him next year?

cleancutccl
11-13-2004, 06:54 PM
If he pays on time, and you actually make a good profit on the property keep doing it, you don't have to tell everyone that you maintain his yard.

Travis Followell
11-13-2004, 08:12 PM
If he is a good customer then definately keep on mowing his yard.

locutus
11-13-2004, 08:22 PM
An Uncles girlfriend is a bit distant of a relationship, if you can call it that, to get worked up about. Remember, there are two sides to every story. If he pays you on time dont worry about it. If it really, really, bothers you, keep your mouth shut and give all of the procedes from this account to your Uncles girlfriend. Wouldn't that be more productive?

procut
11-13-2004, 08:30 PM
If he always pays on time and never causes any problems I would keep him.

tx_angler
11-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Business is business - personal matters are another matter. With that being said, remember what the snake said, "You knew I was a snake when we met"

desert rose gardening
11-14-2004, 08:46 AM
The guy tried to steal MONEY from someone you know, and you ask if you should WORK for him? Thats all im going to say.

YardPro
11-14-2004, 09:20 AM
remember as someone else stated there are two sides to every story.

cutnedge
11-14-2004, 09:49 AM
If it was my uncles girlfriend this guy tried to steal the thousands from, I'd prbably give him a rate! :blob3:

cutnedge
11-14-2004, 09:50 AM
If it was my uncles girlfriend this guy tried to steal the thousands from, I'd probably give him a better rate! :blob3: (sorry, I left out the better)

GrassBustersLawn
11-14-2004, 09:55 AM
If you are worried about NEXT YEAR, get a CONTRACT signed!!!

Mike

grass_cuttin_fool
11-14-2004, 09:55 AM
If he paid the invoices on time i sent to him I would continue to mow for him. I took on a property this year and then I had some other buisnesses in town tell me that they dont pay bills very well. I was concerned but every month they pay the invoice with in 3-5 days and it turns out they are about the best paying customer I have that I bill

GTLC
03-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, guess what, its been nearly 4 months and no pay. He owes me for three mowings, time to take it to small claims court. I guess I ought to write him a letter.

Just needed to vent :angry: :realmad: