PDA

View Full Version : Stihl trimmmer head on shindaiwa trimmer.

DennisF
11-13-2004, 07:11 PM
I've searched the archives for an adapter part number to install a Stihl 25-2 trimmer head on a Shindaiwa trimmer. A few guys have done this install but I can't seem to come up with a part number. Anyone know the number?

Sam-Ohio
11-13-2004, 10:16 PM
It usually helps a bunch if you identify what Shindawa model you are talking about - and what is the arbor shaft size.

DennisF
11-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Shindaiwa doesn't have an arbor shaft like Stihl. Shindaiwa gear boxes have a splined collar with a tapped hole. The tapped hole thread size is the same as the Stihl arbor shaft...8MMX1.25 LH thread. The adapater converts the Shindaiwa (any Shindaiwa) to accept the larger Stihl head and provide clearance between the head and the gear box. I'm thinking of making one out of threaded stock if I can't find the part number for the Stihl adapter. The Shindaiwa trimmer is the 260.

TURF DOCTOR
11-14-2004, 12:00 AM
The stihl head can not stand the power of the shin,stand back.

Envy Lawn Service
11-14-2004, 12:36 AM
DennisF,

With that list of Stihl equipment, I guess I don't have to tell you that you're going to love the Stihl 25-2 head. It's awesome and that's a slick idea you have there with the Shin... be sure to update...