PDA

View Full Version : Fall Cleanup and Rooves

CutandSmokeGrass
11-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Does a fall cleanup include blowing the leaves off the roof? I can't believe people are going to pay me so much to pick up leaves.

Palmer Lawn Care
11-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, ive never blown leaves off of peoples roofs. Some companys might do it, but I just get the leaves out of the flowerbeds, off the lawn, etc.
Just depends on if you want to include it or not, my reason for not doing it is that I think its pointless and im scared of falling off the roof :cool:

HOOLIE
11-13-2004, 10:25 PM
No, roof cleaning is not standard according to anyone I've talked to. Insurance-wise, you may not be allowed to do work above the ground like that.

Keep you feet on the ground and "rake" in the $$

LawnBoy89
11-14-2004, 06:50 PM
That might be a good idea to make some extra money.

mtdman
11-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Does a fall cleanup include blowing the leaves off the roof? I can't believe people are going to pay me so much to pick up leaves.

People are going to pay you for your time and labor. Regardless of what you are doing, if you are working for someone, you need to regard it as labor and make sure you are getting paid properly. Doing cleanups takes a lot of time. Leaves may not seem like they are heavy or hard to get rid of, but it does take a while to clean them up, and you should charge accordingly.

Good luck.

Lawnchoice
11-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Better check with your insurance policy before you climb any ladders and get up any roof!

CutandSmokeGrass
11-15-2004, 10:40 AM
thanks for getting back to me. I had worked for a landscaper in the past and he always had me up on the roof blowing off leaves and I thought it was kind of odd. Now that I am on my own I thought I would see if other people did this.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-16-2004, 12:32 AM
I have worked on roof a few times but once I got on my own that ended I will not do it any more. It's just not worth it if I was to get hurt I could lose my business now how is that worth risking over a few nickels on some roof let some one else chase that money.

Collegiate
11-16-2004, 08:26 PM
I use it as an up sell. When just starting out, you can use the extra money sometimes. Anyway, you can add it on as a Gutter Cleaning/Roof Clearing Etc. and stat your charge is an extra $45.00 or whatever you price it at. Just my two cents. If the risk is too great, i would not chance it.