PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

Meadowbrook
11-13-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm getting brochures done, finally, took me long enough. I'm getting them printed on 67 lb. card stock, and full color (black, green, white; company colors) I'm getting 200 of them for $150 2 sided, which comes out to 37 1/2 cents per side. What do you think? Too much money? Good price? I personally thought that it was fair simply for the fact that I haven't found anybody who will do color copying for less than 75 cents per side. Just let me know, I'll be waiting :blob3:

Chris

Team Gopher
11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi Meadowbrook,

Check out http://www.48hourprint.com/ and compare your prices with them.

Meadowbrook
11-17-2004, 07:29 PM
The pricing seems like it comes out to around the same for both places, plus or minus a couple dollars. It seems like the 48 hr printing place charges a lil' bit less, but then when you factor in shipping, they come out just a bit higher. Which would even out eventually, because I spend a couple bucks in fuel running to drop off and pick up our brochures. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Also, one other thing Gopher, I like your Christmas invoices with santa on the mower, mighty nice designing! Keep up the great work!

Chris

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 04:31 PM
put up an example of them to show us

Meadowbrook
11-19-2004, 09:19 PM
I'd like to put it up for viewing but I created it in American Greetings Create-a-Card program, I'll try and figure out how to compress it and change it to a .bmp format so that I can load it on here. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my best.

Chris

mybabyciv
02-07-2006, 12:27 AM
looks like a good brochure! good luck

rodfather
02-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I do ours in-house on a HP laser jet, 44 lb. glassy stock, full color tri-fold both sides.

walker-talker
02-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I like the idea of doing it yourself. The problem with sombody else making them and printing up 200 is that before you pass them all out you want to add or drop something on it. Printing them yourself you can print what you need and not have a bunch sitting around. The only problem I have is, a designer I am not.

rodfather
02-07-2006, 12:51 PM
I like the idea of doing it yourself. The problem with sombody else making them and printing up 200 is that before you pass them all out you want to add or drop something on it. Printing them yourself you can print what you need and not have a bunch sitting around. The only problem I have is, a designer I am not.

Exactly Matt...I have made a few minor changes over the years. I only print up like 25 at any one time too. Real easy.

GreenMonster
02-07-2006, 12:51 PM
I do ours in-house on a HP laser jet, 44 lb. glassy stock, full color tri-fold both sides.

Intersting. cost-wise, are you coming out on top, Rod?

What are you doing your design in, and do you mind posting a flyer?

rodfather
02-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Intersting. cost-wise, are you coming out on top, Rod?

What are you doing your design in, and do you mind posting a flyer?

It's in Microsoft Publisher Mark.

I'll have to see if I can post it because of it's size. As for coming out cost wise, no one around me wanted to print less than 250 of them at any one time. So I said screw it, I'll do them in the winter time when I am just sitting around doing a lot of nothing.:)

GreenMonster
02-07-2006, 01:01 PM
I hired out the design and printing last year, but now that my "other" job is gone, I have the time-- and likely the ability -- now. That said, a designer is doing my cards right now for this year. Thing is, it's almost to the point where I'm designing the card, and she's just putting the stuff on it.

I used 48hourprint last year for printing. I'd love to use someone local, but the pricing isn't anywhere near what you pay through 48hour.

fga
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
i have an HP lazer jet myself. what an excellent machine. you can get them brand new shiped to your house now for about $300. i bought mine in the summer for about 450 plus tax, and that was on sale.

Mark,
if you were intersted in getting one,
here's the link to the one i'm reffering to. my brother in law bought this very one off this guy. excellent. everything is included. need nothing! he was able to pick itup and save on shipping costs, but its still a deal. Keep in mind, the color printers are alot more money then just black ink.
my wife uses this one for her invitation printing business.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-LaserJet-2550L-Color-Laser-Printer-NEW-2550_W0QQitemZ6847349895QQcategoryZ51282QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Green-Pro
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I use Microsoft publisher also, and get brochure tri-fold stock at staples, really looks professional and as RF & Matt noted you can edit on the fly, and print only what you need.
I created a brochure that targets commercial property owners for property maintenance, made some changes to use it for targeting residential homeowners for property maintenance, and have recently updated to promote our hardscaping/landscaping services.
I am a picture taking nut on all my jobs and properties, save all digital pics on my p.c. for use in things such as brochures with permission of course. This costs me literally pennies to create, when taking into account the ink, brochure stock, etc. best part is I have complete control over this whole process and its very easy to create.

rodfather
02-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I use Microsoft publisher also, and get brochure tri-fold stock at staples, really looks professional and as RF & Matt noted you can edit on the fly, and print only what you need.
I created a brochure that targets commercial property owners for property maintenance, made some changes to use it for targeting residential homeowners for property maintenance, and have recently updated to promote our hardscaping/landscaping services.
I am a picture taking nut on all my jobs and properties, save all digital pics on my p.c. for use in things such as brochures with permission of course. This costs me literally pennies to create, when taking into account the ink, brochure stock, etc. best part is I have complete control over this whole process and its very easy to create.

accurate and well put...