PDA

View Full Version : Tickets?????

Elawncare
11-13-2004, 10:15 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten a ticket for parking in the wrong direction on a street? I've heard it is illegal but don't know for sure. I was just wondering if it was true and if anyone has ever gotten a ticket for it.

HOOLIE
11-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Whenever my town wants to crack down on an overcrowded house, they'll do this, in addition to dredging up a bunch of parking laws nobody knew existed.

As far as a ticket while working, no, and I hope no cop would be that overzealous.

mtdman
11-14-2004, 04:20 AM
I was threatened with a ticket by a parking meter lady about parking the wrong way, but never got one. If possible, I try to not do this.

rodfather
11-14-2004, 08:54 AM
I got one once. Wasn't there but 15 minutes at most...cop was a jerk.

CuttingCrew
11-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Iíve heard of guys in my area getting tickets for parking backwards if they donít have commercial plates on the vehicle. Donít know why that would matter on a residential street but, it could jam you up on a commercial account.

ALarsh
11-14-2004, 09:49 AM
In Wisconsin it is a $15 fine, but I think it is legal in Texas so it varys from state to state. Do a google search with your state name in it.

sildoc
11-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Not yet. I have been left notes to not do it again. I just try to not make it standard practice. Although it is easier and closer to pull up and unload on the wrong side of a street than to battle traffic with your equiptment.

bobbygedd
11-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I got one once. Wasn't there but 15 minutes at most...cop was a jerk.
"cop was a jerk". HOW UNUSUAL, that never happens :rolleyes:

Lux Lawn
11-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Some city's around here will stop and make you I've been warned but no ticket.

Pecker
11-14-2004, 12:05 PM
My father got one on our truck parked in front of our house. Had parked in the wrong direction for years because it was easiest to leave for work the next morning. Then a nurse who was a real piece of crap moved in across the street. She was real snotty to everyone who tried to welcome her to the neighborhood. About a week later a ticket shows up on the windshield. Long story short, several cops as well as the police station told us that they won't hardly do that unless there is a complaint. Oh, and as for the nurse - things like this kept coming up with several other neighbors and the math started adding up that she was behind it. . . if you wanna know how things turned out, read my sig. . .

geogunn
11-14-2004, 12:40 PM
parking regulations are determined by local codes.

traffic flow regulations are determined by state codes, most generally.

driving against the flow of traffic, which one has to do in order to park facing the wrong direction, is against the code in probably all states but I dunno.

the cops don't write the code.

therefore, if there is a code against parking the wrong way against the flow of traffic, and you get a ticket..........what is wrong with that?

it is kinda like parking in the handicapped space without the handicapped plates or the mirror hanger placard.

if the space is empty.........or there are way more spaces than the store will ever have in handicapped drivers........what's the problemo with parking in the spot? right?

GEO

brentsawyer
11-14-2004, 03:28 PM
You turned her car around backwards on the street and called the cops. Thats incredible. LOL

Mico Landscaping design
11-14-2004, 05:17 PM
there are only a few jobs we do and park on the wrong side.. All we do it turn the wooper's on put out the cones out.. we are good from there..

Pecker
11-14-2004, 07:50 PM
therefore, if there is a code against parking the wrong way against the flow of traffic, and you get a ticket..........what is wrong with that?
GEO

While I do understand your point, what's wrong with it is that laws are supposed to be in place to protect citizens. . .and "parking" against the flow of traffic is not dangerous to anyone if there is no "flow" of traffic, as is mostly the case of residential streets.

Of course, someone parking against the flow on a busy street would clearly be endangering people, in which case a ticket is absolutely warranted.

But giving someone a ticket on a street with little or no traffic flow for parking in the wrong direction is ridiculous, not to mention the only purpose it serves is to generate bogus revenue for the city and as an avenue for the revenge of petty people.