PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Boy ; Gopld series vs commercial

mmacsek
11-13-2004, 10:25 PM
What is the difference between these 2? The engine is the same horsepower. 6.5hp. 2 cycle. Matt

Fareway Lawncare
11-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Bigger GAS TANK..Essential on Com. Used 21's...Steel Wheels on the Push...Heavier Duty Crank...& Drive...Longer Warranty.

fga
11-13-2004, 11:37 PM
everything he said, plus my commercials has protective bars over the front, like a roll cage.. many times my mowers have moved in the truck, never anything broken, like a sparkplug.

impactlandscaping
11-13-2004, 11:55 PM
I think comparing a Gold homeowner model to a Pro series commercial is like comparing an Escalade to a Yugo....both have tires and an engine, but other than that, they aren't even close in the automotive world...

mmacsek
11-14-2004, 07:55 AM
I guess I should of included this in the original thread. Next year we are adding a crew ( headed by my wife) to help out when we get behind because of rain. We run a Toro proline 2 cycle now but they are unavailable anymore..along with a WB and ZTR. The only thing I didn't like about the comm. is no self propelled. The gold series is self propelled. Thanks for the replies. Matt

impactlandscaping
11-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Matt, I think I saw somewhere in a thread here yesterday, someone saying their dealer had a few prolines for $ 950.00 including shipping...I can't remember what thread it was in, try doing a search for "proline" ,and see what comes up...

fga
11-14-2004, 11:02 AM
I guess I should of included this in the original thread. Next year we are adding a crew ( headed by my wife) to help out when we get behind because of rain. We run a Toro proline 2 cycle now but they are unavailable anymore..along with a WB and ZTR. The only thing I didn't like about the comm. is no self propelled. The gold series is self propelled. Thanks for the replies. Matt
do you mean the lawnboys? i didn't know they made 1, but fareway has a self propelled push mower. same as mine, but self prpelled. i couldn't tell you where to find one though. the model # is 22261 for the self propelled, and the push is 22260. maybe fareway could post a picture of it.

here's the link on lawnboy site for the commercial models:
http://www.lawn-boy.com/productinfo/mowers/commercial/22261.html