John

Envy Lawn Service
11-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks John! :waving:

John Gamba
11-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks John! :waving:

Anytime :waving:

Hay the laztec uses a Back wards deck like the old Hustler 251K and 260.It left a funky stripe but i never seen the laztec cut????? This is interesting to say the least.
John

proenterprises
11-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Anytime :waving:

Hay the laztec uses a Back wards deck like the old Hustler 251K and 260.It left a funky stripe but i never seen the laztec cut????? This is interesting to say the least.
John

john whats that in your avatar?

John Gamba
11-14-2004, 02:29 PM
john whats that in your avatar?

A tanks machine gun with Rosarie Beads :cool:

BMFD92
11-14-2004, 03:00 PM
I have never heard of lastec who makes em and what is different about them from regular ztrs

walker-talker
11-14-2004, 03:05 PM
I have never heard of lastec what is different about them from regular ztrs
They use 3 seperate decks and each flex indepently with the contour of the terrain.

Travis Followell
11-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Looks like a nice machine. I guarentee its got one heck of a price tag. Where I work we have a 84" articualtor with a 34 hp kubota diesel on it and it cost around $25,600.

John Gamba
11-14-2004, 04:17 PM
They use 3 seperate decks and each flex indepently with the contour of the terrain.

Hay Walker Talker
This model does not articulate.
John

John Gamba
11-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Looks like a nice machine. I guarentee its got one heck of a price tag. Where I work we have a 84" articualtor with a 34 hp kubota diesel on it and it cost around $25,600.

Travis how do you like the offset deck on that mower?? All 42 feet of it LOLo

John

Travis Followell
11-14-2004, 05:02 PM
I wish I could tell you because i've never used it. I work for a guy that has a 1500 acre farm with his own private 90 acre 9 hole golf coarse. me and my dad work on the farm so all we do is mow grass with ztr's and keep the feilds mowed with tractors and bushogs. He decided to get out of the cattle business so all we do is bale hay and keep the fields mowed slick. We only have to take care of about 700 acres of that because he leased out the rest. Getting back to your question, they use the articulator on the gold coarse and we don't work in that area. There are other guys that handle that. I have heard all good things about the machine though except the frame has broke twice and has had to be welded back together. Other than that its a great looking machine. I hope to get to drive it one day.

Envy Lawn Service
11-14-2004, 05:19 PM

No, actually this model happens to be very reasonably priced.

It doesn't have the 3rd front wheel like the big one I saw though.

Now, is it just me or does the engine appear to be mounted very high?

ALarsh
11-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Heres their website: http://www.lastec.com/index.html

John Gamba
11-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I wish I could tell you because i've never used it. I work for a guy that has a 1500 acre farm with his own private 90 acre 9 hole golf coarse. me and my dad work on the farm so all we do is mow grass with ztr's and keep the feilds mowed with tractors and bushogs. He decided to get out of the cattle business so all we do is bale hay and keep the fields mowed slick. We only have to take care of about 700 acres of that because he leased out the rest. Getting back to your question, they use the articulator on the gold coarse and we don't work in that area. There are other guys that handle that. I have heard all good things about the machine though except the frame has broke twice and has had to be welded back together. Other than that its a great looking machine. I hope to get to drive it one day.

Wait You might get to try the 96"er LOLOLOL

John

I bought there deck about 12 years ago for a deere out front and liked it. I sold the mower a year later, i think the new owner still has it.
John

John Gamba
11-14-2004, 05:34 PM
No, actually this model happens to be very reasonably priced.

Now, is it just me or does the engine appear to be mounted very high?

You are correct. This let them slide the deck back more. Its not a articulating deck. Its backwards.
John

Envy Lawn Service
11-14-2004, 05:53 PM
You are correct. This let them slide the deck back more. Its not a articulating deck. Its backwards.
John

Yeah, I know about the deck. Shane and I talked at length about this recently. Because as you know I have been tinkering with deck design myself and experienced a rather shocking development by running my design backwards like Lastec. I never thought of raising the engine to achieve a more compact fit.

Anyways, thanks for the picture and here is one I find more flattering of the design... it's good side if you will.....

Fareway Lawncare
11-14-2004, 06:23 PM
What Benefit is there to the Inverted Center Deck Chamber ?!?!?

cantoo
11-14-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm wondering about the side hill ability with the motor (center of gravity) sitting so high. The right side is definately it's best side.

John Gamba
11-14-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm wondering about the side hill ability with the motor (center of gravity) sitting so high. The right side is definately it's best side.

The gas in the tanks sit very low so doesn't the seat.

John

dishboy
11-14-2004, 08:27 PM

Not sure but I am guessing you would pass less grass left to right across the front of the deck while mulching, so better mulching? Come on Envy share with us.

Envy Lawn Service
11-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Not sure but I am guessing you would pass less grass left to right across the front of the deck while mulching, so better mulching? Come on Envy share with us.

Well for one it takes a bit less power to run.

Another is have you ever noticed any positive differences while running your current machine in reverse?
Think about it.....

dishboy
11-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Well for one it takes a bit less power to run.

Another is have you ever noticed any positive differences while running your current machine in reverse?
Think about it.....

It sucks leaves in not out..... very good thing when your mulching, but what happens to the quality of cut?

Fareway Lawncare
11-14-2004, 10:33 PM
They Definately don't discharge as Well in Reverse. That inverted Chamber would make for Very Poor Discharge IMO....& since the pic Shows a Big Discharge Deflector there's No Mulch Kit...I'm Baffled ?!?!?!

a a green
11-14-2004, 11:12 PM
I honestly don't think it matters ...it will still discharge to one side,provided the blades are spinning in that direction.... really think about it.....