PDA

View Full Version : Commercial String Trimmers

Zmaster25
11-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Right now i am also looking at buying a goood commercial string trimmer and edger. I don't really know what to look for that would seperate a commercial trimmer or edger compared to a non commercial. I am currently looking at husquvarna, stihl, echo, cub cadet, john deere, and toro. Which brand and model would you advise for me? What size line do you prefer, and do you use a spool or the pre-cut line? What should the recommended engine displacement be?

Travis Followell
11-14-2004, 04:45 PM
All those you have listed are good brands. The ones that I like the best are Echo, Stihl, and Cub Cadet. All 3 are great brands. All of the cub Cadet trimmers are commercial grade and so are the Echo SRM 230 and up. Same goes for the Stihl, FS 55 is light commercial so the FS 80 would start in the full commercial models. I would suggest that you get a 25 cc engine. That is all you need for lawns and they still have plenty of power for tough jobs as well. Don't use line any smaller than 0.95 because if you do you will be constantly having to feed line because smaller line just don't hold up well. Be sure that where ever you decide to get your trimmer and edger be sure they have a good service department to get you up and running if you break down.

EmeraldHills03
11-23-2004, 03:42 AM
RedMax!!! All the way for me!!! Shtil is the best for chain saws, but I have had a trimmer and a blower from Shtil and don't really have anything good to say about them. I switched to RedMax and I'm gonna stay with them all the way! Except for the service department my local dealer provides... gotta look for a better dealer to service my equipment.

wriken
11-23-2004, 04:50 AM
Right now i am also looking at buying a goood commercial string trimmer and edger. I don't really know what to look for that would seperate a commercial trimmer or edger compared to a non commercial. I am currently looking at husquvarna, stihl, echo, cub cadet, john deere, and toro. Which brand and model would you advise for me? What size line do you prefer, and do you use a spool or the pre-cut line? What should the recommended engine displacement be?

I have a edger on here for sale, its a cub

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=87178

tiedeman
11-23-2004, 05:45 PM
I have used Cub, Stihl, and Shindawia, and I perfer Stihl without a doubt.

lafrance4078
11-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Shin with .105 It is a great trimmer. Doesn't lack for power.

Patrick.B
11-25-2004, 10:38 AM
i have two weedeater and one is T231z Shindawia and 85 stilk weedeater and both machine is great my best weedeater is shindawia ,,i never had any problem with my shindawis and stilk ,,,like theys say ,,,make sure you pick a good weedeater with good service . Good Luck !!