PDA

View Full Version : School

Frontier-Lawn
11-14-2004, 05:28 PM
i have been thinking about going to school at nite to get a landscape architect my bizz possibility's with one.

cleancutccl
11-14-2004, 06:20 PM
I have an associate of arts in biology, graduate in may with a bachelor's of arts in biology, and am going to fund med school with the landscaping and mowing business. Guess I can't get enough school.

Dman1214
11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
wouldn't that be bachelor of science?

Markf
11-14-2004, 08:06 PM
I would recommend a degree no matter what you wanted to do. I have a BEME in mechanical engineering and a juris doctorate in law. These degrees got me to where I am in life. After being in management, I decided to leave the corporate world. I now teach mathematics to high school students along with owning rental properties. I also help out my son, sgoalie23, a member of Lawn Site.

The point is, a college degree is something that cannot be taken away from you. At some point, you may decide to sell your business and teach. It is not a bad living.

Good Luck.

tonygreek
11-14-2004, 08:07 PM
if you don't go for landscape architecture, at the minimum i'd recommend to anyone to at least take a few english and communications (public speaking) courses.

dman, many schools offer BAs in bio as a liberal arts curriculum. usually they'd be less math and science intensive, but still provide a foundation for grad or med school. BAs are available in place of many BSs.

tony

Team Gopher
11-15-2004, 03:00 PM
i have been thinking about going to school at nite to get a landscape architect my bizz possibility's with one.

That's a great idea icc1701a!

baka
11-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Ask yourself, what kind of man (or woman) are you?

Basically, how do you learn?

Do you learn by hands on kind of experiences? Or does the structure and regularity of school help you?

I've got a Bachelors degree plus my Master in Teaching and I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on degrees that don't mean squat to me. However, I like to learn in a school based system.

If I would do it again, I would take those student loans and create my own business. Then I would learn what it takes by doing things in a real life environment.

People can do both, learn alone, or learn in a classroom. Its something that each of us needs to figure out. What kind of learner are you?

Cheers

kickin sum grass
11-15-2004, 11:26 PM
I have an associate in mechanical engineering
I have been going to night school and a few classes short of a triple degree in lawn, landscape horticulture, and design.