PDA

View Full Version : Cleanups a Mess!!!!

proenterprises
11-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Im sure anyone in either CT or MA can sympathize with me on this one...Cleanups now are a mess!!!

This little spell of winter on friday night dropped 1" of snow over the area, now its in the 30's and windy. I went out today to try and get some done, leaves are wet and heavy and still covered in snow, wind is howling....awful.

What is everyone else doing to keep up, theirs still a fair amount of snow left as well!

rodfather
11-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Relax...it will warm up this week and be gone before ya know it.

proenterprises
11-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Relax...it will warm up this week and be gone before ya know it.

i know it will, its just kinda rough, being that im in school 6 days a week, i really count on sundays to get work done, its tough to miss one all together.

mdb landscaping
11-14-2004, 06:39 PM
sure it will warm up, but our mexicans go back december second and i have 43 residential and a bunch of commerical cleanups still to do. guess i cant take 4 days off for the holiday next week damnit :dizzy: cleanups are out tomorrow cause still too much snow on the ground. hopefully i can get back at them by tues.

paponte
11-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Been using the ground blowers since the leaves are wet. Blow'em on the tarps and drag them to the street. :)

Lawnchoice
11-14-2004, 08:21 PM
It's going to be 50+ tomorrow.

We have quite a few left as well. ARGH!

Kelly's Landscaping
11-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Yea woke up to snow here on Saturday and nearly fell over they had said my end of the state was going to get missed. So I took out my crew today and we hit one of my commercials on the post road worked on it for about 15 mins before I yelled SCREW THIS pack it up boys were going home. No chance today we had 30-40 mile an hour wind gusts from 3 directions and there was just no winning no matter what we did so we did the smart thing and cut our losses.

twwlawn
11-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Had 5-6 inches of snow fall here on Sat. thru early Sun. morning. Have to wait a few days, suppose to get up in the 50's tomorrow.

DennisF
11-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Greetings from Florida!!!

I feel for you guys in the north. I'm from Michigan originally and I know your pain. Right now we are going to every other week on lawns. Lots of hedge and shrub work this time of year down here. We get a break in January of about 3-4 weeks when the grass goes dormant. But it starts right up again by mid February. I hate to rub it in, but....wish you were here!

jt5019
11-14-2004, 11:13 PM
We got about 2.5 inches in middletown and i thought with the warmer temps this weekend it would all melt, but the ground is still pretty much covered!the spots that are bare are muddy with the leaves caked in.I hoping i can get back to leaves on tuesday now.There isnt gonna be many warm dry days left.

mdb landscaping
11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
looks like tuesday is a washout for us too. i think by wednesday i can back to cleanups. getting some mulch work and planting jobs finished up though.

chevyman1
11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
who in their right mind is having you do mulch work this time of year in New England? I mowed in the snow this weekend with the Dixie and Cyclone rake and it still picked up the leaves 100% :drinkup:

mdb landscaping
11-15-2004, 07:40 PM
we actually do mulch right up till december usually. the job i did today was for a town gardiners club who beautify our town. they made 3 large beds in a highway median and we blew in 30yards of mulch for them. actually on wednesday we are blowing in 80 yards of playground fiber.

launboy
11-15-2004, 07:49 PM
hope u gave a an hourly rate instead of a set price. wet leaves suck

rodfather
11-15-2004, 09:30 PM
who in their right mind is having you do mulch work this time of year in New England? I mowed in the snow this weekend with the Dixie and Cyclone rake and it still picked up the leaves 100% :drinkup:

Who in their right mind does leaves in the snow btw numbnuts...you got to be killing the grass...can't wait till you see how you leave that lawn with dead tire marks all over it....odin00 was right about you...propellor heads still does exist.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Had a little bit of ice on the lawns to deal with this morning but we had a good day banged out 3 more 1-acre lawns. The smaller lawns I got won't be ready for another week or more so I more then happy to work on bigger paying clean ups.

Shuter
11-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Cape Cod missed the snow, 50 degrees and sunny today, same for the week.
Clean-ups actually going well, do to no snow. I dreaded the forcast last week, as I did not want to be doing clean-ups in the snow.

chevyman1
11-16-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm sure we'll be just fine Rod...thanks for the headsup though

MikeLandscaping
11-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Im with ya one this one had the same problem went out sunday and couldnt get alot done still snow covered. I went out yesterday and got part of a lawn done. Ill be out today in full force trying to get as much as i can get done till dark.

jt5019
11-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Most of the snow is gone here now.I think i will wait out one more day to give it a little time to dry up before i tackle leaves again.Ill spend today winterizing some mowers and cleaning up.Long range forecast show it staying warm for a while so it looks like we will be OK with time.

tiedeman
11-16-2004, 01:03 PM
here in Michigan everything is going smoothly. It's going so smoothly that today I stayed home for a Federal Express delivery. Right now I will be done with everything on the 26th. I am actually hoping for some late callers. This week is breeze for customers, but next week the 22nd through the 24th will be a bear to get them done before Thanksgiving

T. Matthews
11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
15 accounts left to do 50's all week so the snow will hopefully be gone by weeks end and we can finish them up.

proenterprises
11-16-2004, 05:07 PM
yeah, everything looks okay now, i dont think it should be a big issue. i have a week off from school next week and should get able to get things wrapped up good luck to everyone!

Kelly's Landscaping
11-16-2004, 07:02 PM
:cry: I think I have 90 or so left but the temp is sweet this week I banged out 5 today once I get past this week it ought to go quicker the small ones I can hit 5-8 every day.

Fareway Lawncare
11-16-2004, 07:10 PM
Never Mowed in the Snow but have used large 2 stage Snowblowers on leaf/snow covered lawns to Mulch & Move Leaves !