PDA

View Full Version : Check it out

macaw
11-14-2004, 07:08 PM
This is a trimmertrap blade blocker check out the bracket on the handle bar my wife made that what do you think.

horseman201
11-14-2004, 07:20 PM
where is it?

kickin sum grass
11-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Looks real real good????????????????????????????????????????? :dizzy:

:waving:

macaw
11-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Little trouble down loading pictures here we go.

macaw
11-14-2004, 07:32 PM
One more and thats all

horseman201
11-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Looks great. What do these things run as far as price? I saw one when they first came out for the zero turns and thought they would be great but they would get in my way now whith leaf season. The blocker would get ing the way of my vac.

Mo Green
11-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Did you say your wife did that? Pretty cool. Most women wouldn't have a clue.

Did she design and build the whole thing, or just the bracket that holds it on?
Either way, I am definately impressed. My wife wouldn't be able to do that.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Looks good Mcaw, Was nice to meet you at the GIE in Nc. Too bad we didnt win one of thoose 32'' mowers lol. Keep up the good work

Smithers
11-14-2004, 08:37 PM
I just cut a rectangular plate made of aluminum and bolted it on the side of the Z 44". It definetely takes time to undo and i have to use wrenches.

But once you have to do leaves, forget about it....it bogs down and leaves have no way to exit....not worthed.

i really like the plate that i made.it was easy and i dont have to take it off when i cut grass.

gogetter
11-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Macaw, the bladeblocker doesn't come with a bracket?

Either way, you wife does some pretty sweet work there! Does she work in the business with you?.

macaw
11-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Yes it comes with a bracket it's not a very good setup. Yes she works in the business. She is the account, mantennace And secratary. She also has a full time job at a factory in the mantinace dept. I do all the mowing and such.
She just made the bracket I paid around 150.00 I think .

geogunn
11-15-2004, 09:33 AM
hey MCCAW--on that SKAG unit......is that a knee shifter? or do you reach down to shift? BTW--your wife sounds pretty handy......

GEO :rolleyes:

DSIM
11-15-2004, 11:09 AM
I just cut a rectangular plate made of aluminum and bolted it on the side of the Z 44". It definetely takes time to undo and i have to use wrenches.

But once you have to do leaves, forget about it....it bogs down and leaves have no way to exit....not worthed.

i really like the plate that i made.it was easy and i dont have to take it off when i cut grass.

Could you explain this a little better? It seems your contradicting yourself unless I'm not understanding you correctly. Ex. bogs down, not worth it / I really like it

Smithers
11-15-2004, 09:38 PM
DSIM,

sorry about that, buddy. here is what i was trying to say....

I got a piece of cardboard paper, lined it up on the chute opening, drew the profile on it with a pencil, cut out a aluminum piece of 1/8" thick with the same profile.

Used the existing holes to attach it to the mower.

When i use it with leaves, they dont have any place to exit, so the engine bogs down and i dont like it.. With grass it is great because it acts as a mulching plate.

it just takes a few min to take off. you can even use wing nuts, for faster disconnect.

macaw
11-16-2004, 08:02 AM
It is right in arms reach works great.

DSIM
11-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Petrentz,
thanks for explaining. Now I'm thinking you may be trying to mulch to big of a pile of leaves for it to bog down so much. Others on here say a mulch plate works great for leaves.
I'm wanting to make a plate for mine since Hustler has not come out with one for my 36z. I'm going to use a piece of the green metal flower bed edging thats 14 gauge. I will have to weld a lip on it so it will fit on the factory holes and then I guess drill holes into the deck to secure it.

I'm thinking as long as the leaves are only a couple of inches thick, it should work great.

Smithers
11-17-2004, 08:25 PM
DSIM, you are right..the pile was big and it was struggling. Any piece of aluminum will work. just get a pencil, mark the holes and drill them. get washers, bolts and put it on.

I am even thinking about drilling some small holes on mine to allow the air to go thru, so there isn't as much turbulance and blowout. This way the air goes out of the chute and the grass/leaves stay in and get mulched.

Carolina Cutter
11-18-2004, 03:23 AM
You actually got that erector set to work??? I ordered one...took it out of the box and fooled with it for awhile and then returned the thing. I called the company and told them I thought they needed to do some more development before marketing that thing. I was very dissapointed.

macaw
11-18-2004, 08:16 AM
It took some time but we got it done. It works real good I have used it on 5 jobs so far
On grass and leaves. It dose what is should do.

op4_camper
02-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Little trouble down loading pictures here we go.

Hey wheres the switch at?
O you have to turn it by hand....lol just kidding nice job.