PDA

View Full Version : Proslide on St augustine??

2k1yzfr1
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
I am thinking about buying a 48" exmark TTHP from a friend and would like to add a velkie to it. Which would be the best velkie for a hydro walkbehind?? Do the proslides work well on St augustine?? Can you make a 180 degree turn while standing on the proslide or do you have to get off it?? I've borrowed a 2 wheel velkie to try out behind a 36" belt scag I have, but haven't had the chance to use it with all the rain. I noticed most of the people who like the proslides are from up north where you stripe lawns, but I'm wondering what it would look like on a 3.5" st augustine yard??

TJLC
11-14-2004, 09:03 PM
I own 2 48" TTHP's and have proslides on both machines. I cut both Bahia and St Augustine and have no problems making turns or tearing up turf. Hope this helps.

DennisF
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
I haven't seen anyone using a proslide on St.Augustine here in Florida. Everyone uses some type of wheeled sulky. I don't think the proslide would tear up the St. Augustine turf, but a wheeled sulky might be a better choice since St.Augustine is a thick bladed grass and the mower needs as much HP as possible to get the job done.