PDA

View Full Version : new salt spreader tomorrow

zmowingmaster
11-15-2004, 12:55 AM
tomorrow i am buying a new salt spreader for my truck, it is a fisher 500 low profile tailgate spreader.... :cool2: no more walking in parking lots while salting this year

DuallyVette
11-15-2004, 01:03 AM
I love it when I get new stuff !!! Now go make some money $$$.

Jackman
11-15-2004, 05:07 AM
:drinkup: Congrats thats a worthy investment....I bought a Fisher tailgate spreader last year and could never be happier it saves maga time and I stay warm in the truck I also bought the Variable speed control it sure helps in the tight spots....

Lawnchoice
11-15-2004, 06:49 AM
What do those go for if you don't mind me asking.

I checked out a couple of the Lesco models and am trying to figure out who makes them for Lesco still.

Thanks.

Jackman
11-15-2004, 10:26 PM

I checked out a couple of the Lesco models and am trying to figure out who makes them for Lesco still.

Thanks.

The Fishers are over 3 grand for the Speed Caster 2 which is the best they have in tail gate spreaders, word has it that the other offerings plug up sometimes. I bought the Speed Caster 2 used for 1400, it has a conveyor belt to deliever the salt to the spinner and has never plugged.....

Lawnchoice
11-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the scoop. I have been searching the want ads for some. I don't really need a full 8' sander.

BMFD92
11-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I need a plow for my chevy but those things are so damn expensive so I'll have to make best with my old ford. Things a beast but I got a lot of driveways. A guy looking to get out just gave me 20 driveways for FREE!!! :blob3: $$$$$ It will be a lot of work but I plan to make enough for a trailer next season and a good chunk to the other new equipment

zmowingmaster
11-16-2004, 01:42 AM

Thanks.
well, the dealer asked 1250.00 plus tax, and that is the price installed

Jackman
11-16-2004, 10:35 AM
well, the dealer asked 1250.00 plus tax, and that is the price installed

That must be a totally differant unit from the Speed Caster 2...... Speed Caster 2 is a serious unit complete with a wide conveyor at the base it will handel any product you might use, when combined with the variable control you have a very versitle unit..... Just a little extra advice when the hopper is full MAKE SURE YOUR PLOW IS ON other wise your steering on even slightly icy roads is almost nonexsistant you need the frount end waight when there is 900 pounds of salt at the rear of the truck

zmowingmaster
11-16-2004, 08:13 PM
i finally got it, looks nice, hope it will do the same while working

Lux Lawn
11-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Good investment that walking is for the birds.

Jackman
11-16-2004, 10:19 PM
:cool: Cool your going to be a happy plowman now.....