PDA

View Full Version : insurance in MD

mdmowerman
11-15-2004, 12:44 AM
i need liablitly/general business insurance for my landscape maintence company. i do $35-45k business per year (part time) and i have not had any type of insurance since in business (2 yrs legally). i know there are insurance companies that specialize in this type of thing, but ive found that all those companies are on the other side of the country. id like to have a conpmany w. a agent a lot closer incase i have a serious claim.
i would also like to have my equiptment insured on the same poilicy (roughly $14k w. both trailers).

is 700-1500 a year a reasonable amount to pay for this type of insurance?

do these landscape maintence insurance policy's cover bush-hogging? (it is maintence?)

names, numbers, websites of companies would be great!!!

mdmowerman
11-15-2004, 04:43 AM
Anybody? I know someone has got to have an insurance company to recomend??

Richard Martin
11-15-2004, 05:17 AM
State Farm. I have everything through them. Cars, truck, home, liability, equipment insurance etc..

Rates are dependant on your income, driving record, credit record, etc..

mdmowerman
11-15-2004, 05:26 AM
state farm told my dad (he was talking to the agent about something else and he mentioned my situation to the agent) that for a individual that does landscaping part time to have insurance that they need to show income for alteast 2 years on their individual taxes. siad that they get a lot of claims in december/jan when guys backs start hurting, whcih alwasy seem to get better by april. possibly b.c it is seasonal?

i have truck insurance through them also, my dad has had his personal and i think business (roughly 16 work vans) auto insurance with them since he was 16. only had 2 agents the whole time.
thanks for your input

ANYONE ELSE

Richard Martin
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
siad that they get a lot of claims in december/jan when guys backs start hurting, whcih alwasy seem to get better by april. possibly b.c it is seasonal?

Sounds like a workers comp issue to me. Anyway... try www.harfordmutual.com

They are based in Harford County, MD.

cward
11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
mdmowerman,
look to some of your independent agents for great liability insurance. I am covered to the limits of KS law for approximately 400.00/yr. Why go for an independent? Farmers wanted 1100.00/yr and state farm wanted 100.00/year. Good luck.