PDA

View Full Version : All Tanaka for me again!

naturescape
11-15-2004, 08:54 AM
I've used Stihl, Shin, Echo and Tanaka 2 cycle equipment. Next Spring I'll be switching back to Tanaka -- will have my 11 year old Tanaka wb egder overhauled, have my 11 year old Tanaka hedge trimmers overhauled, and buy the 21 cc trimer.

These are underrated machines, with the best blend of power and weight, and especially SMOOTHNESS and ERGONOMICS in any of the machines I've used.

cutnedge
11-15-2004, 09:07 AM
I've heard nothing but positive remarks about the old Tanaka edgers. Is it true that had to re-design them recently due to safety issues?

naturescape
11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
I've heard nothing but positive remarks about the old Tanaka edgers. Is it true that had to re-design them recently due to safety issues?

They no longer make the walkbehind edger, as wheeled two cycle equip. has been phased out. But they are the best wb edgers in the world. That's why I have to renovate my older one.

specialtylc
11-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I used to really like the Tanaka hedge trimmers. The last one we bought last year is a gutless wonder. I have since switched to Shinaiwa hedgers. Have had 2 string trimmers and they were ok, but I wont buy them anymore either since Tanaka is making their engines different.

John Gamba
11-15-2004, 06:16 PM
I still use my 14 year old Tanaka hand held blower. Its great.
John

Mark McC
11-15-2004, 06:24 PM
When I had a lawn service in Clearwater, FL, back in the Eighties, I had a Tanaka walk-behind edger. It was flat-out a great piece of equipment.

I don't imagine it'd be much help up here because the curbs here are straight up whereas in Clearwater, they were all these gently sloped items geared to deal with a lot of rain (west central FL gets some real drenchers). To this day, I've never used a piece of equipment better suited for it's task.

tonytanaka
11-18-2004, 11:04 PM
15 new models featuring the new THT-210S hedge trimmer.

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?b=new2005