PDA

View Full Version : Echo Bp Blower Seizure

Timbo
11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Has anyone had problems with their BP blowers engine just seizing up and stopping. I have a new Echo. I was doing leaf removal the other day and my blower just stopped. I thought maybe it was clogged with leaves but it isn't. The 2-cycle mix seems to be fine but maybe I should be trying a different brand. I use Pro-mix now. Hopefully the blower is still under warranty, it is less then a year old.

chimmygew
11-15-2004, 12:23 PM
It should be under warranty. Are you the only one using it? Reason I ask is that when I first started out, I had a partner. He added regular gas to a lawn boy, trimmer and blower. Locked them all up. He refused to buy new, so I told all my customers I was on my own and they signed with me.

Timbo
11-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Yes, I am the only one using the blower. I've just never seen that happen before.

ed2hess
11-15-2004, 07:13 PM
When a unit seizes-up like you describe - immediately take the plug out and pour in straight two cycle oil. Then take off the starter rope housing and turn the crank by hand. It will give you your best chance of saving the unit. I have done it about 10 times on different types of 2-cycle and so far 100% success. Most of time you will have to fight to get warranty on this. YOu already said you was not using ECHO oil...???

launboy
11-15-2004, 07:18 PM
for the warrenty to be valid, u have to use echo oil for the first year. i'm pretty sure.

Timbo
11-15-2004, 07:41 PM
When a unit seizes-up like you describe - immediately take the plug out and pour in straight two cycle oil. Then take off the starter rope housing and turn the crank by hand. It will give you your best chance of saving the unit. I have done it about 10 times on different types of 2-cycle and so far 100% success. Most of time you will have to fight to get warranty on this. YOu already said you was not using ECHO oil...???

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-15-2004, 07:49 PM
for the warrenty to be valid, u have to use echo oil for the first year. i'm pretty sure.

If you use an aproved 2 cycle air cooled oil I dont see how they can not warranty the unit. If it is the wrong mixture I can understand that but not just because it isnt the manufactures brand. I doubt any company makes there own 2 cycle oil they just pay to have there name on the package

launboy
11-15-2004, 07:52 PM
ya that could be true but on kaw engines u have to use kaw oil filters for the first yr. i know kaw engines and oil filters is a new subject but its almost the same difference

Tharrell
11-15-2004, 09:12 PM
If that happened to me my dealer would inspect it and warranty the unit. They can tell why it seized up or more importantly, what didn't cause it to seize. They have charts and photos of just about every type of engine failure and what causes it.