PDA

View Full Version : Russo Power - Chicago

Freshcut Lawn Care
11-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi There...

I am interested in buying an Echo 751 and Russo Power Equipment in Chicago will ship free to anywhere in the USA for $439.00.

I live right on the Michigan Border, so I can go over and pick it up!

Have any of you folks dealt with Russo and if so...what has been your experience.

They seemed helpful on the phone this morning! :)

F.Y.I...I couldn't use their toll free number and I couldn't find this blower on their web site.

JB1
11-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Great company, I've dealt with them and will in the future.

impactlandscaping
11-15-2004, 03:05 PM
I have dealt with them , and found their prices to be really under the local guys, even with shipping...Bob Rocco even has some items on ebay from time to time.Good guys IMO...

tonygreek
11-15-2004, 05:16 PM
i just received my toro snowblower from them. $549 shipped vs. $699 at HoDe. they have a store on ebay, but call them as i bought my blower for $60 less than the price they wanted on the auction site (pre-season special).

tony

gl1200a
11-15-2004, 05:16 PM
I bought an Oregon blade sharpener from them this summer for a great deal on eBay with free shipping. It came promptly and I even got a thank you card from them a week later. Great folks.

green_man
11-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Bought a snowblower and an engine from them via ebay and have no complaints. they have good prices and ship fast. their ebay feedback is 99.8% positive and considering the amount of transactions, that's impressive.

launboy
11-15-2004, 06:14 PM
im surprised this is the first time ive heard of russo's on this site. i live about 30 min from them and it is the cheapest around on alot of there stuff. local dealers hate em but what can u do. they have tons of stuff. and free popcorn if u go visit :) they have sick deals right now for there moving sale, well they did. but in the spring at there open house they have sick deals.
for sure buy the blower from them there web site is kind of slow to update

The C Man
11-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Here's their eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Russo-Power-Equipment

mtdman
11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
That's where I got my proslide from, I think.

:D

FERT-TEK
11-15-2004, 09:00 PM
I guarantee you will not find better pricing anywhere around here. If you didn't know they are moving to a new store in the area, make sure you ask for the new address next time you talk to them. If I remember right they might even be closed right now to do the move.

impactlandscaping
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
That's where I got my proslide from, I think.

:D

That's where mine came from too, Tom. I don't remember if I gave you the info for them or not..alot of people were interested in that deal :p

Likestomow
11-15-2004, 11:24 PM
If you go there in person and pick it up, you will be paying sales tax and possibly a higher item price. The low price you quoted is what they call "Out-of-town" pricing.

They have raised their shipping costs significantly in the past several months. I have found that if you press them, they will negotiate the price. You have to know about how much UPS would charge so check first. I believe they are trying to increase their bottom line by adding bucks to the actual cost of shipping items, much like a lot of people are doing on ebay these days.

I have opened an accout with DHL and they have much lower shipping rates than UPS. If you had an account, maybe you could just have DHL pick it up and have the shipping cost billed to your account. You would save at least 1/3.

beransfixitinc
11-15-2004, 11:35 PM
They have raised their shipping costs significantly in the past several months. I have found that if you press them, they will negotiate the price. You have to know about how much UPS would charge so check first. I believe they are trying to increase their bottom line by adding bucks to the actual cost of shipping items, much like a lot of people are doing on ebay these days.

In response to your comment that you believe they are "trying to increase their bottom line by adding bucks to the actual cost of shipping". Perhaps their previous low shipping charges are finally showing up on their bottom line and they must adjust to atcually quit losing money by shipping such heavy and bulky items for a rate much less what you would find estimated on the UPS website.

<UPS Announces Rates For 2005

Press Release

ATLANTA, Oct. 28, 2004 – UPS (NYSE: UPS) today announced package shipping rate adjustments and a change in the fuel surcharge that will take effect on Jan. 3, 2005.
Rates for UPS Ground, UPS Next Day Air®, UPS 2nd Day Air®, UPS 3 Day SelectSM and U.S. international services will increase 2.9 percent. UPS Hundredweight Service®, an alternative to that offered by less-than-truckload carriers, will increase by 5.9 percent, producing rates still half those of most major LTL carriers. There will be no changes to most UPS retail rates offered at nearly 3,600 locations of The UPS StoreSM.

Beginning in January, UPS will reduce the fuel surcharge currently applied to UPS Next Day Air, UPS 2nd Day Air and UPS 3 Day Select and international services by setting a maximum cap of 9.5 percent. This surcharge will continue to be calculated from an index based on the average price for a gallon of kerosene-type jet fuel.

A fuel surcharge of 2 percent on UPS Ground, UPS Ground Hundredweight and UPS Standard To Canada will be applied that will fluctuate after January based on the U.S. Energy Department’s On-Highway Diesel price. The current fuel surcharge is described at UPS.com, and details regarding new calculations will be posted on the website on Dec. 1.

Other pricing changes include an increase of US$0.25 for the delivery area surcharge on both residential and commercial services to more remote ZIP codes. The residential surcharge will increase US$0.10 for UPS Ground services and US$0.35 for UPS Next Day Air, UPS 2nd Day Air and UPS 3 Day Select. While protection against potential loss or damage is automatically provided up to US$100 in value for each package, additional optional Declared Value protection will be US$0.40 per US$100, up to US$50,000 per package, with a minimum charge of US$1.20 for packages valued between US$100.01 and US$300.>

launboy
11-16-2004, 02:55 PM
out of staters no tax, im from indiana and have never paid tax.
they are still open during the move..........

Freshcut Lawn Care
11-16-2004, 04:00 PM
All excellent information guys!

I will probably be making a call in a day or so, once I find myself a shipping address in Michigan!

Thanks Very Much to everyone.

You have been very helpful (as usual)! :cool2:

JB1
11-16-2004, 04:05 PM
I love the part about no sales tax untill the auditors came, there aint no explaining that.

scott in the soo
11-16-2004, 04:06 PM
hey freshcut,,

whereabouts in ontario do you live?? i'm in sault ste. marie, which is also a border town.. good to see another ontarian on the board..

Freshcut Lawn Care
11-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Hi Scott,

Thanks very much.

I live in Corunna (just south of Sarnia). I live directly across from St. Clair Michigan!

:waving:

scott in the soo
11-17-2004, 06:51 PM
are you a sarnia sting fan by any chance?? i am a huge hounds fan and love it when the sting come to town.. we just beat them on sunday...

shearbolt
11-17-2004, 10:26 PM
I love them. Go to their open house in the spring for really great deals.

Freshcut Lawn Care
11-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks shearbolt. I will need to get on their mailing list... if they have one! :)

Scott I follow the Sting a little, but my boys played a lot of AAA and junior hockey during their days and I am kind of hockey'd out. Especially with all the B..S with the NHL strike.

My eldest son Ryan played Jr. B in Strathroy with your Sault's Jeff Carter, but he gave it up and wanted to focus on school and the business. Dam shame...he was an awesome skater...just didn't want to be a hockey player I guess. It became too much of a job!

He attends Wilfred Laurier University in Waterloo (3rd year business) and travels home on the weekends to support the business during the school Spring & Fall sessions! About 2 1/2 hours each way!

He is very dedicated and is my right hand man! :cool:

I am very lucky to have both my boys involved. :angel:

The other son attends Lambton College and lives at home with us!

Best Regards to everyone out there!

:waving:

TTG
11-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I just ordered a Echo 751 from them at $ 439. free shipping , no sales tax.
My local dealer wanted $ 499.00 plus tax.
Was here in 3 days and man what a blower. I would definetly do business them again.

Freshcut Lawn Care
11-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Awesome TTG!

Haven't ordered mine yet, but I expect to very soon.

Dealing with some other stuff right now!