PDA

View Full Version : cornmeal and vermin.

TClawn
11-15-2004, 06:26 PM
hi guys, I have a couple of questions about organic lawn care, and I'm hoping that you will tolerate my ignorance.

will corn meal atract mice or rats when applied?

how long should it take to see a green up in the lawn from the conrmeal?

do I need an applicators lisecnse to apply it on other people's lawns?

thanks.

Dchall_San_Antonio
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
hi guys, I have a couple of questions about organic lawn care, and I'm hoping that you will tolerate my ignorance.There is a lot of ignorance tolerated around here :D

will corn meal atract mice or rats when applied?It seems like it would but it won't. If you leave any in your garage, it will. I put my left overs in a Rubbermaid bin to keep the rats out. Paper bags don't keep rats out. Don't buy more than you can use in one season. If you have any left over at the end of the season, use it all.

how long should it take to see a green up in the lawn from the conrmeal?Three weeks.

do I need an applicators lisecnse to apply it on other people's lawns?Probably if you are in the business of doing it. If you are just doing it as a friend for your neighbor, probably not.

thanks. No problem.

SSmith
11-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Mice cannot see very well so they need to crawl around next to walls and such....Therefore cornmeal on a lawn won't attract mice. If you store it in a shed/garage you'll need to keep it in a plastic bin like the 2nd poster mentioned.

Ric
12-04-2004, 06:43 PM
will corn meal atract mice or rats when applied?

TC

No need to worry about the rats or mice, the insects, like ants will get there first.