PDA

View Full Version : Bob-Cat Gone Nutz

Fareway Lawncare
11-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Who Would Actually Use this Feature...?!?!?!

"The new Bob-Cat LEO Plus .....is the only commercial zero-turn mower on the market to feature a built-in power generator. It produces up to 1,000 watts continuous AC electric power.

PowerLink allows LEO Plus operators to hook right up to their lawn mower instead of running extension cords or hauling an additional generator to run electrical tools such as hedge trimmers, blowers, power drills and saws....."

fga
11-15-2004, 06:41 PM
i wouldn't go out of my way for it, but if i did have it, i'd find things to do with it. like trimming with an electric trimmer weighing 1/2 pound. in the ghetto, they could hook up some speakers and an amp.

gogetter
11-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Well, not for blowers or hedge trimmers, but maybe some power tools like a drill or saw etc.

I wouldn't buy it JUST for that feature, but if it came with the mower at no significant extra charge, and I was planning on buying the mower anyway, it would be a nice extra feature to have.

I for one don't have electricity at the storage unit I rent for my equipment, and have had a few times where I wish I had a generator there.

C4chris70
11-15-2004, 07:06 PM
During our recent hurricanes, generators were pretty scarce. I would have used it to run a refrigerator or something.

GreenMonster
11-18-2004, 10:12 PM
PowerLink allows LEO Plus operators to hook right up to their lawn mower instead of running extension cords or hauling an additional generator to run electrical tools such as hedge trimmers, blowers, power drills and saws....."

I don't get it.

Someone, presumeably a lawn care professional is going to buy a high end ZTR, and then run around with extension cords for his trimmer and blower???

:confused:

J.Gordon
11-18-2004, 11:02 PM
1000 watts = 8.33 amps at 120 volts, that wouldn’t run my wife’s hairdryer very long without burning it up.
And my Milwaukee drill pulls 15 amps, no way I would hook it up to their machine!

dishboy
11-18-2004, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=J.Gordon]1000 watts = 8.33 amps at 120 volts, that wouldn’t run my wife’s hairdryer very long without burning it up.
And my Milwaukee drill pulls 15 amps, no way I would hook it up to their machine![/QUO

But will it run my shaver?

out4now
11-18-2004, 11:43 PM
in the ghetto, they could hook up some speakers and an amp.
:p :p :p LOL

kickin sum grass
11-19-2004, 05:53 AM
you could use it to market environmentaly friendly mowing. Park it in the middle of your customers lawn and then plug in your electric push mower to cut the grass. :)

PMLAWN
11-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Mount the TV up front and watch Dr. Phil as you mow!! Sat dish-- Small refridge--Micro oven--With a sleeping bag you can now live on the mower and work 24/7 just like an over the road trucker.