PDA

View Full Version : scag turbo baffle

BOTURF
11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Has anyone had any luck with cut quality by removing turbo baffle only at the discharge chute . I have 2 lawns that have a type of grass that iam not sure what it is except it is almost impossible to get a good cut and discharge off of it . The grass always no matter how dry it is ( ie 3pm in afternoon )sticks to under side of deck( (dis)advantage deck ) and falls out in clumps or when you turn blades off it makes a total mess. I been in this business a long time and have never saw anything like this before ( grass doing this ) The rest of my lawns are usally ok unless its very very wet . I still have a swzu with the old style deck and it can cut very very wet grass with no problem but this new advantage deck with all the damn air baffles isnt worth a pot to pi#$ in . Looking for anwsers from you turf tiger owners

Shady Brook
11-15-2004, 08:54 PM
My Scag riders perform better without the turbo baffle. It may not solve your problem completely, but it may at least help to remove it.

Good luck
Jay

Lawnchoice
11-15-2004, 09:29 PM
I have mixed feelings on the turbo baffles. My Scag Hydro 52 has it as well as the Tiger Cub 52.

Removing the turbo baffle made dispusion better but IMO it was just a little too much so I put it back on. Had the catcher installed 2 days after that and have been very happy with the bagging with it on.

Trying the high lift on the discharge end helped quite a bit. I left the regular lifts on the other two spindles.

Littleriver1
11-15-2004, 10:15 PM
I removed the baffle and use high lift blades on that mess. It helps but it still doesn't look as good as the rest of the lawns. It's like the grass is 90% water.

BOTURF
11-15-2004, 10:43 PM
you said it right when yousaid its like grass is 90% water , there is no way i am bagging these 2 lawns as both are over 3 acrees of grass

captaingreen
11-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Have you tried those Bobcat Hi Lift Offset blades. They have greatly helped me when cutting in wet conditions, if not for those blades I may have had an extremely frustrating year.

BOTURF
11-16-2004, 12:32 AM
ya i did and thats what i am running now and the grass still sticks to underside of deck like water on these 2 lawns actually those blades helped bigtime on the other lawns with the clumping but iam telling you this grass what ever it is is the grass from he%$ so i thought by maybe taking out the turbo baffle and opening up the discharge chute and getting the grass out fast would help ?

chimmygew
11-16-2004, 12:45 PM
I had that on a couple of yards with my scag. Try Meg-Mo's, they work great on scags.