PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Sign For Trailer?where?

N.H.BOY
11-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Hey guys. Looking for info on the web for plastic (4'x4') so I can put it on the back of my drop gate on my trailer. I will letter it with my name and number on it. I will consider black thin steel also if anyone knows a place for steel. I am having a hard time finding anything on the web. :dizzy: Thanks and I knew some of my "LAWN GUYS" would come up with the goods. :drinkup: :drinkup:

Lawnchoice
11-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Give a sign company a buzz. They usually are nice enough to guide you on where you can get a sheet of metal.

I have a 4x4 chuck on plywood with sheet metal painted for my sign. Has held up for quite some time. Great advertising!

Smithers
11-15-2004, 09:49 PM
N.H.

dont you mean Magnetic Signs? here is a company that guarantees their product for 5 years....pretty cheap too.. they said that their materials are the best.

http://www.magnetic-sign.com/

i will get some signs from them next year. still have to give them my logo and get it going.

all ferris
11-15-2004, 09:51 PM
You can find sheets of plastic at a shop that sells stuff for race cars. I know that the dirt cars around hear use some plastic on their cars and the local race car shop had all sorts of colors.

N.H.BOY
11-15-2004, 10:07 PM
THANKS SEACOAST neighbor :blob3:

PETRENTZ.... I have a open trailer with a gate on the back.I cant use magnetic on it very good. thanks though :drinkup:

ALL FERRIS..... That is a good idea. Race track is LOUDON down the road from me. :waving:

tx_angler
11-15-2004, 10:42 PM
http://www.lawnbarbers.net/images/trailersigns.jpg

My sign guy had the painted aluminum for the signs in stock. Actually he had two thicknesses and I chose the thicker one because I didn't want the signs flexing on the sides of the trailer. 2 trailer signs & 2 18"x24" magnetic signs were $166.60 plus tax.

turftammer
11-16-2004, 12:15 AM
go to a heating& air shop they have all kinds of sheet metal but use aluminum although not all shops carry aluminum you may have to try a few and they can cut it to the exact size you need and they can put a hem on the edges which makes a nice smooth edge and stiffens up the metal

grass_cuttin_fool
11-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Also if you have a trailer repair shop ( tractor & trailer) they usually have pre painted panels that you can purchase

N.H.BOY
11-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Thank you TURFTAMMER Ill give that a shot. :D

walker-talker
11-16-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't know about finding steel on the web, but I just bought a 4' x 8' sheet of 16 guage (I think) of cold rolled sheet for $98. A 4' x 4' vinyl graphic around 3 colors will probably run 'ya another $100 (that's based on a local shop here), but I think they were a little high and that's just a guess.

Does anyone know a reputable place on the web that sales custom vinyl graphics? I have my logo in high definition format I could email them.

Thanks
Matt

BULLGRAZER
11-16-2004, 03:23 PM
http://www.magneticsigns.com/

-=KC=-
BULLGRAZER

jbell113
11-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Why not get some thin plywood ,paint it white and stencil your letters on it with paint.

N.H.BOY
11-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the painting plywood idea, but I was going to do that but a few guys said that would be a little "chezzy" looking.

turftammer
11-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Why not get some thin plywood ,paint it white and stencil your letters on it with paint.
why not because I think it would be better to not have a sign on your trailer than have one that looks unprofessional

charlies
11-18-2004, 12:13 AM
why not because I think it would be better to not have a sign on your trailer than have one that looks unprofessional

i agree. while your on the track of having something professional looking, why not pay a sign company to do it, as others have suggested. i don't know about your area, but around here....

magnetic signs for truck body 3' by 2', professionally lettered, 20$ each. 5' by 4', same lettering but larger, 150$ or so. all of these are round about estimates. i don't remember the exact size and prices, but what i said is very close.

we bolt the big ones on our trailer gates.