PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z Master

Dig,Yard,Dirt
11-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Envy, What dealer do you reccommend in the Caldwell, Burke, Catawba area? I live in Hudson and currently looking at an 98 Toro 252 with 664 hours at Sharp's in Statesville. The mower is in great shape for $4000, is this a bad or good price?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanting to ask someone with a lot of experience in this area.

Thanks, Tommy

LLandscaping
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
I think that the price is high for that old of a mower with that many hours. It also has the SFS deck, and Toro just switched to the Turbo Force. What size deck and what motor is on it.

Tonyr
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
try to get a Z500 model Toro if you can, the new turbo force decks are very good, probably the most advanced deck on the market even...

second hand machines often carry the previous owners problems, and no warrantee, i prefer to pay extra, buy new and be reassured I am the only bloke who has rode it and warrantee with commercial i feel is important, a good dealer is important too, like hens teeth to find sometimes nowadays though.

good luck!

Envy Lawn Service
11-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Tommy,

See my post where you asked me elsewhere. Also take note these guys are backing up my opinion of the 252 so far.....

If you are looking down in Statesville already, and it's a Toro you want, you should really make the trip to Denver to see the new 400 and 500 series Toro's.... as well as the eXmarks. I don't think Denver is really any further away from you for service.

Tonyr is the ulimate resource when it comes to the new Toro's. So I'll leave you with him.

Dig,Yard,Dirt
11-16-2004, 12:25 AM
The mower has a 22 or 23 hp Kolher horizonal shaft with a 52" deck.

I have thought about a new Yazoo Max (demo 03) for 5900. The service department is real good and very close to my house.

I also found a Grashopper 60" 21hp diesel for $4000 ................................I don't know what to do??????

I have talked to the owner at Denver, he is very nice and has superior service, thanks

I'm trying to find a mower $4,000 and under until I build my income, but I really know a new mower is the best.