PDA

View Full Version : How long would......

GFX
11-15-2004, 11:14 PM
it take a seasoned LCO to cut and bag 2 1/2 acres?

I am a newbie who just bought a 60" Toro Z555 with a 655 Trac Vac. I tossed out some fliers to try and get some work before the season was over.

Had a customer call and said he just cut his lawn real short and has clippings all over. I'm going tomorrow to give him a quote to clean them up.

I figure it will take around 2 hours with my set up? Does this sound close? Price help? I have an idea on my hourly charges already. I just don't want to lowball as this business will eventually feed my family.

I haven't really gotten the opportunity to test the mower other than on my own small yard so I haven't the slightest clue on what it will take for time.

Thanks

dvmcmrhp52
11-15-2004, 11:28 PM
It would be an hour to an hour and a half for an experienced operator on a 60" ZTR to cut 2.5 acres depending on terrain and obstacles. Trying to run a trac vac behind it to pick up, will slow you down.

2 hours would probably be a good quote on time for someone new.

Lawn-Scapes
11-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Two hours sounds about right to bag 2.5 acres.

Kelly's Landscaping
11-16-2004, 12:45 AM
You said seasoned so about 75-90 mins I have a stop just like that right now.

MOW ED
11-16-2004, 08:12 AM
I was waiting for the "a seasoned LCO wouldn't bag 2.5 acres" response. :waving:

I would take the job on with the Walker as long as I can dump on site. There would be a difference in time depending on growth conditions. If you are just goiing over there to pick up cut grass your time is gonna be variable. I say that because if he windrowed big piles you are going to be there a while trying to suck it all up. Hopefully the lawn isn't too wet also.

If he is gonna hire you to cut and bag every week you have to get your times and costs down because the spring growth is much different from the summer growth. Once again, know your costs and charg accordingly. Good Luck.

Duramax99
11-16-2004, 08:15 AM
This whole job sounds strange. Get at least a 50% deposit from these people before doing buisness. There is a reason why the lawn is in this shape to begin with.

GFX
11-16-2004, 10:51 AM
I was waiting for the "a seasoned LCO wouldn't bag 2.5 acres" response. :waving:

I would take the job on with the Walker as long as I can dump on site. There would be a difference in time depending on growth conditions. If you are just goiing over there to pick up cut grass your time is gonna be variable. I say that because if he windrowed big piles you are going to be there a while trying to suck it all up. Hopefully the lawn isn't too wet also.

If he is gonna hire you to cut and bag every week you have to get your times and costs down because the spring growth is much different from the summer growth. Once again, know your costs and charg accordingly. Good Luck.

As of now, I believe this to be a one time thing but we shall see. Believe me I wouldn't push for bagging 2.5 acres for a regular customer either. I think he just got himself in a bind with cutting it short for the winter and didn't realize there would be all the waste so now he's willing to pay for his mistake.

Thanks to all who answered.