PDA

View Full Version : Ford Transmission Source

MidAtlantic
11-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Snow plowing season is upon us and I am in need of a good source to buy rebuilt or replacement 99-2003 Ford F350 automatic transmissions. Does anybody know a good source???

JB1
11-16-2004, 08:49 AM
What about Jasper engines , they have transmissions too. Check out their website.

MidAtlantic
11-16-2004, 08:54 AM
I have heard Jasper isn't as heavy duty as most....

UNISCAPER
11-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Oceanside transmission, in Oceanside California. they will build a tougher tranny than ford ever could imagine. They took the junk E4OD Ford made, installed some forged parts and extra clutches and actually made it useful. They have a torque converter plant that supplies about 35% of all the converters to the auto parts industry as well.

GFX
11-16-2004, 10:14 AM
BTS (http://www.brianstruckshop.com/)

These might cost some money at first but you will probably never need a tranny after. Everybody at thedieselstop.com who has one, swears by them.

Dig-it Landscaping
11-16-2004, 04:56 PM
i know sunco ( i think i spelled that right) makes replacements for dodge diesels. they are gaurnteed for the life of the truck

UNISCAPER
11-16-2004, 08:24 PM
Does it not amaze you all that the manufacturers that we pay so dearly can't get it right the first time? Notice I did not mention any brands here...It seems to be true for them all. When I pay 30=40K for a truck, that damn tranny had best last 200,000 miles before any wrenches need to be turned on it

xcopterdoc
11-17-2004, 07:28 AM
regardless of what tranny you decide to install, make sure you flush all the lines and the cooler, then backflush the cooler. Also install an inline external filter on the return from the cooler to tranny. You dont want to ruin the new tranny with contamination from the old failure.

MidAtlantic
11-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Does it not amaze you all that the manufacturers that we pay so dearly can't get it right the first time? Notice I did not mention any brands here...It seems to be true for them all. When I pay 30=40K for a truck, that damn tranny had best last 200,000 miles before any wrenches need to be turned on it

I agree with you Uniscaper... After going through so many trucks in my fleets since '91 it seems that its mainly luck and not drivers abuse. I have had fords chevys, dodges that go for 100,000+ miles before drivers abuse kicks in and then I have had trucks where its 6000-15,000 miles with the same drivers. You would think that after paying 30-45,000 for a hight demand truck they will have all the bugs worked out of them. You would think since they employ all the engineers they will know how to beef up all their trans like they do for those large fleets. From what I hear when those utility companies order there trucks as fleet purchases the factory puts beefed up versions of the same trans in them.

Now is that fair when they are paying less per unit then we are?