PDA

View Full Version : Free mulcher for ya?

JimK
11-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Jim @ TURF magazine here.

I saw a cool unit at the Louisville EXPO called the Vulcher, the Safety Mulcher. They'd be happy to send a free one to two lawnsite LCOs to try it out and write a "field test" report on it.

He said it workds best on Scags, Bobcat, Ferris, Exmark, Snapper, Great ane and Yazoo.

I've asked for other field tests and had to give them to the closest person to the manufacturer's chosen dealer. But this unit can be mail to you anywhere.

First two responders get 'em. Thanks!

satxmow
11-16-2004, 09:07 AM
what size does the deck have to be

grass_cuttin_fool
11-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I have a scag but im about done for this year, I dont think I could give a fair report

JimK
11-16-2004, 09:24 AM
The deck size doesn't matter.

I have one taker ... anyone else still mowing?

dishboy
11-16-2004, 10:09 AM
The deck size doesn't matter.

I have one taker ... anyone else still mowing?

I would love to demo one. Exmark 36 TTHP MY final cut is Mid December

ztoro
11-16-2004, 10:10 AM
would demo. have lc exmark 60"

also have a 52" TTHP

KathysLGC
11-16-2004, 10:15 AM
I have a 48" Exmark. i'll give it a shot! I have a yard I can do a before and after pic on. My girls uncle has been lazy and wants me to do a final clean up/cut on his lawn.

Dixie Cutters
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Id love to do it, I also have a 48" TTHP that I'm getting back from the shop today, so im sorta behind. It would be really nice to give it a try on some of the lawns I'm behind on. Shoot me a PM or something if I can :)

chimmygew
11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Still mowing here. I would be interested in trying it.

JimK
11-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Welll I think I got me two -- first come first served.

But folks ... I have more than a dozen field test requests (some very cool equipment). I'll be posting and asking for volunteers very soon.

Thanks for your interest.

Jim

dishboy
02-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Welll I think I got me two -- first come first served.

But folks ... I have more than a dozen field test requests (some very cool equipment). I'll be posting and asking for volunteers very soon.

Thanks for your interest.

Jim

Jim, I am waiting patiently for the promised Vulcher to arrive.............I know three times you said you would check into it and you are probably very busy. It would be nice to have by April for a real good test.............is there anyway that might happen?

DB

DUSTYCEDAR
02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
i love bending up new stuff
bring it on and i will let u know what it will do :waving:

turfmagazine
02-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Jezzz. We've repeatedly called the company to get the Vulcher sent to you. He asked for the field test at the Louisville Expo last fall. It's been all this time and he still has not responded.

I'm going to email you note and mine to the company to see if we can get some action. Very frustrating.

Jim

gogetter
03-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Jezzz. We've repeatedly called the company to get the Vulcher sent to you. He asked for the field test at the Louisville Expo last fall. It's been all this time and he still has not responded.

I'm going to email you note and mine to the company to see if we can get some action. Very frustrating.

Jim

That seems to be the M.O. for the Vulcher company. I've tried contacting them a couple times myself and never get a reply.

And yet, I'm still on their mailing list apparently because I just got another brochure from them in the mail yesterday.:rolleyes: