PDA

View Full Version : What's the weirdest thing you've seen on a job?

Rick Danger
11-16-2004, 11:57 PM
I keep telling myself that I'm going to start bringing a camera just to document all of the weird stuff (and people) I see and make a photo album.
I used to maintain this big church and one day I found and Iguana that was about five feet long with no head. Btw, this is not and area indigenous to Iguanas. I guess that was the weirdest.
How bout it?

o-so-n-so
11-17-2004, 12:06 AM
I have a commercial account that I was servicing early one morning........The manager and a salesman was standing on the loading dock burning a fat one. I smelt it way before I saw them.................................................... and no I don't smoke it.

tiedeman
11-17-2004, 12:11 AM
the weirdiest thing that I had to ever do was round up 3 pigs, that probably weighed in at 300+ lbs each. They got out as we were mowing the customers lawn.

crawdad
11-17-2004, 07:15 AM
I have a commercial account that I was servicing early one morning........The manager and a salesman was standing on the loading dock burning a fat one. I smelt it way before I saw them.................................................... and no I don't smoke it.
That's not really wierd, a lot of people indulge.
Wierd is..A dog, humping a cat.
Crawdad

Greenservice
11-17-2004, 07:48 AM
I keep telling myself that I'm going to start bringing a camera just to document all of the weird stuff (and people) I see and make a photo album.
I used to maintain this big church and one day I found and Iguana that was about five feet long with no head. Btw, this is not and area indigenous to Iguanas. I guess that was the weirdest.
How bout it?

Did you ever find out where the Iquana came from!?

Rick Danger
11-17-2004, 07:54 AM
No, I assumed that some reject owned it, got tired of taking care of it and maybe put an M80 in it's mouth.

LwnmwrMan22
11-17-2004, 07:56 AM
I've seen 12 fatal car accidents in 16 years of mowing.

2 of them within a block of the commercial account that I was mowing, while mowing. 1 of them I was called into court since I witnessed the accident.

impactlandscaping
11-17-2004, 10:13 AM
That's not really wierd, a lot of people indulge.
Wierd is..A dog, humping a cat.
Crawdad

FLMAO, Crawdad!! 'Bout spit my cereal everywhere!

One of the weirder things I've seen:..a goat, humping a dog..

PR Fect
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
I've seen 12 fatal car accidents in 16 years of mowing.

2 of them within a block of the commercial account that I was mowing, while mowing. 1 of them I was called into court since I witnessed the accident.
What did you do the other 4? Just see someone get maimed?

rodbite
11-17-2004, 04:36 PM
I did a one time cut for a new church. Found a bag of weed about ten feet from the front door.

Cutting a home in a very upscale area. I am buzzing along and happen to look up at a car on the side of the street. A guy in the drivers seat and a girl in the passenger seat with her head bobbing up and down over the drivers seat.

Rod

Mo Green
11-17-2004, 04:41 PM
A guy in the drivers seat and a girl in the passenger seat with her head bobbing up and down over the drivers seat.

I've seen this same thing a few times on the interstate.

Ground Effects NH
11-17-2004, 05:40 PM
We are laying down some mulch across the street and hear all kinds of yelling and this guy bust thru his front door lands on the ground and right behind him is this woman. She jumps on top of him and starts to beat the liven s*#t out of him. We just stood there and watched her she was yelling something about him and her sister. when she was done he looked like he went 3 rounds with Mike Tyson. Damn she kicked the liven crap out of him and she was a little thing.

A.J.'s Lawn Service
11-17-2004, 06:33 PM
One time i was collecting money from a lawn and this guy passed out right in front of me. i think he just had kemo done or something i was freaking out and felt weird for the rest of the day.

desert rose gardening
11-17-2004, 11:38 PM
A couple fat drunk costomers BBQing T bones at 7:00 in the morning for steak and eggs

K c m
11-17-2004, 11:43 PM
I was trimming bushes and the owner an older woman came out. told me she was going to back out so I backed off and waited for her to drive out. Well she backed right over the bush i was trimming. I just looked and :dizzy:

bugspit
11-17-2004, 11:46 PM
rolling through a neighborhood the other day and saw 7 turkeys standing on and around a lawn swing in a front yard.

grass-scapes
11-18-2004, 08:06 PM
In a parking lot of a large electronics retailer that I service, I have come upon a car bouncing heavily and noticed the occupants watching me while they were doing the wild thing in the drivers seat. woman on top. I caught her eye and she just smiled and kept going. LOL. Same parking lot, before store opened, some dude whackin it in his new mustang. He musta loved that car. Seen 2 wrecks this year. Saw a fight in a Fast food parking lot just this past tuesday between two employees.

LawnBrother
11-18-2004, 08:21 PM
I was getting ready to mow an apt. complex in a poorer neighborhood one day. The apts. only have one dumpster for the whole building, and it is always overflowing with trash really bad. When I pull up I see three VERY fat, nasty, old ladies digging through the trash. I was unloading the trailer and I happened to look over again and all of the sudden one of the ladies' pants just falls down around her ankles! I couldn't believe my eyes....It took me a while to recover from that one. I'll spare you all the gory details but as you can probably guess I didn't eat lunch that day......