PDA

View Full Version : My New Mower!

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 03:59 AM
Well Ive finally got my dream mower. Ive been looking into them for a while and I finally took the plunge to buy one. Actually I bought it back in July, but I figured Id save the pictures and the thread until the cutting season was over and everyone was dreaming about their new mowers for next season. (or had the time to resize and reformat the pictures :blush: ) Some are still cutting (lucky lcos).

Its a 2004 John Deere 667 Quik Trak. I bought it used with only 19.1 hours on it. For those who are not familiar with them it is a Zero-Turning-Radius stander mower. It comes with a 23hp v-twin gas OHV kawi engine. A full floating 60" 7-Iron Deck with a no-tool deck cutting height adjustment. Cutting adjustments are from 1.5" to 4.5" with 1/2" increments. Obviously its a hydro as well. It has a forward top speed of 8.5mph and a reverse top speed of 4mph. I also received a 5 year extended warranty on top of the regular 2 year commercial warranty, and an Accelerator grass catcher. I swear the mower was made for me. It was boughten on my birthday and was only about 45 miles from my house.

Many wright owners believe wright is the only manufacturer that does standers right. Ive mentioned in other threads that the John Deere Quik-Traks are far more advanced then the wrights(as the pics will show). Not taking anything away from wright, but I looked into both mowers and decided the Deere was right for me. I knew I wanted a stander though. They are very maneuverable and compact. The 667 is actually shorter then my 48" Exmark Viking.

Here are some pictures of my mower and its features.(Be patient :cool: ) Ive researched the Quik-Traks religious, so feel free to ask me any questions about them. I will try to answer them the best I know how.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:01 AM
Here is a picture of the Front of the mower with the Accelerator cather on:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:03 AM
Here is a picture of the Right Front with the Accelerator grass catcher on:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:04 AM
A picture of the right side with open discharge:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Here is a picture of the back of the mower. Notice the bright yellow thigh/knee pad? Very comfortable. It also flips up to give easier access to the back of the engine:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:18 AM
Here is a picture of the Left side of the mower:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:20 AM
How about a picture of the mower in the grass dead on?:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:22 AM
Another picture of the mower in the grass from the front left. Notice how the front of the 7-Iron deck curls up? It allows things like leaves to pass under the deck easier instead of acting like a leave plow:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:26 AM
Here is a picture of the adjustable 60" full floating 7-Iron deck. That piece of alluminum on the top of the deck is the bracket for the easy to lift on and off Accelerator grass catcher. All the bolts, nuts, and chains are grade 8 quality:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:30 AM
A closeup of the no-tool deck adjust. It adjusts from 1.5" to 4.5" with .5" increments. Ther is a key ring on the back side of what looks like a bolt that goes through the holes with the numbers on it. You take the ring off, push down on the handle pull the pin out and put it in the corresponding hole for the desired cutting height. Put the ring back on. Then you do the same thing on the other side. Takes maybe 20 seconds max:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:33 AM
Here is the beast that powers this mower. A 23hp gas v-twin kawi OHV:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:35 AM
Here is a picture of the thigh/knee pad that lifts for engine access. Also shows controls which have a speed locking option that allows the mower to only travel so fast, an hour meter, electric start, pto, choke, and the throttle speed:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:37 AM
Here's a picture that shows the engine from the back when you raise the thigh/knee pad:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:43 AM
This is the plat form you stand on. It has 6 suspension springs on it to soften the operator's ride: It's a link sorry I used it as a test picture in another thread. Its a need picture though:http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=88609

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:46 AM
Someone on here once thought the fenders were made out of plastic. LOL not even close. You could jump on these things. Backside of fenders:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:48 AM
Here is a picture of the side of the fenders:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Here is a picture of the belts with the cover off. Makes it real easy to get to everything. The cover is a no-tool removable cover. Two Giant wing nuts and a it slides out of the grips:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:54 AM
Here is one of the neatest things on the mower. Spindle covers that have a no-tool removal system. It has a key ring you take off and the cover twists and lifts off. Takes maybe 5 seconds to remove. No more grass packing around the spindles here:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:56 AM
Picture of the spindle covers off. The spindles even have a grease fitting right on top, allowing the grease to get to the top bearings first which is the hardest bearing to grease. I remember having to waste so much grease to see that the grease has reached the top bearing in my Exmark spindles:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:58 AM
Here is the Accelerator grass catcher with dust cover sitting on top and the original discharge chute on the ground:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:02 AM
Picture of the original plastic discharge chute. You may think "Plastic?!" I thought the same thing, but I realized its a durable bendable plastic chute that wont get bent up if you hit something with it like a metal one would:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:04 AM
A picture of the deck attachment bracket for the Accelerator catcher. The whole catcher is made out of alluminum so its light and wont rust out. Plus it looks real nice on the mower. And it couldnt be easier to take on and off:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:07 AM
The catcher even has a removable back door for emptying the catcher and you can add a second catcher for leaf season that hooks onto the original catcher:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:08 AM
Last set of pictures. :dizzy: These are the mower in action:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:10 AM
JD Quik-Trak 667 in action #2:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:11 AM
JD 667 in action #3:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:13 AM
Last picture, JD 667 in action #4:

Travis Followell
11-17-2004, 06:53 AM
Thats a great looking machine. Looks like your very proud of it.

DSIM
11-17-2004, 10:09 AM
JD should pay you for such an endorsement. :D Very nice machine. Nice lawn too!

walker-talker
11-17-2004, 10:23 AM
Give up lawn care and go into photography.....MAN.....you like to take pictures....LOL.

Looks good. I test drove one a couple years ago. I didn't like the hand controls. If I wanted to go fast, there was such a spread of the controls and my finger tips were on the edge of the controls.

blair smock
11-17-2004, 10:25 AM
now go get her Dirty!!!

ed2hess
11-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Nobody seems interested in JD equipment because they don't hve any dealer support for parts/repair. In your area do they have good support? Great Dane is suffering from the fact the dealers CAN't get parts. Our biggest dealer in central Texas don't recommend Great Dane and is now handling the Wright Stander. This is a good looking unit! Interesting about the 5 year warranty...?? Will you give more details on this? Like cost and what is covered. Some equipment has extended warranty on stuff like lthe deck only.

smlavin
11-17-2004, 11:48 AM
MJL,

Very nice machine and great detail in the thread! I have a few questions. (I am looking at a QuikTrak or a Hustler 44" Mini Z for my next mower)

I have heard differing opinions on the QuikTrak's hill holding ability. Any feedback, on hills or ditch slopes, you can share?

Some homeowners don't like Z's on their property. Have you run into any resistance to the stander on residential lawns?

What mower do you use for gated backyards? Do you have a lot of properties that a 60", or even a 52", wouldn't be able to get into the backyard?

How many hours a day do you spend standing on the QuikTrak?

Thanks for all you help!

geogunn
11-17-2004, 12:10 PM
that is a great looking mower and the pics were nice also.

and that is some pretty great looking grass at your house.

obviously, when the mower was new, you hadn't been using it on your own lawn. but what about now?

does that unit tend to rut and how about stripes?

GEO :)

Eric 1
11-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Looks alot like a great dane.

Nice mower though. may it serve you well. Enjoy.

p.s. You need to take up photography. Thats allot of pics. lol

drsogr
11-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Great looking mower...do you think maybe you could send us a video of the mower as well? I like the whole idea of the stander. Just don't see many around here.

TClawn
11-17-2004, 02:54 PM
how does it handle hills? It looks scary to be standing that high on a 30 degree slope.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Travis Followell, thank you. I am very proud of her. Not only does it make cutting fun, quick, and profitable, but she looks nice too.

Just my opinion, but I think the standers are a really good idea. The more I look into them, especially if you can do it up close, they are really neat machines.

DSIM, thanks. Id love to get paid by JD, but I dont think its going to happen. They can always pay me with some equip though.

Walker-talker, thanks and LOL. Sorry I was just so excited about the new mower! Plus i figured it would give people a chance to check out this machine, not just typical pictures saying "Hey look at my new shiny mower from 20 ft away". I tried to show many of the neat features. Not many people know about the Quik-Traks or they think its just a copy of a wright or a great dane super surfer. True the new great danes look similar to the JD's but there are differences which I can point out if someone wants to know. The Great Danes are made by John Deere. They are just a cheaper version. Like the grocery store brand foods. The quik-trak's have many features that the wrights do not.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Blair smock, thanks and will do. She's too much fun not too.

Ed2hess, thanks. About the Dealer support. John deere stands behind their equipment very strongly as far as Ive delt with them. If the dealer wont take care of it, contact JD and they will handle it. I cant remember who it was, but someone on lawnsite had a new JD Z-trak. Something was wrong with the engine, and they just sent him a whole new Z-trak instead of just having the dealer put a new engine on. I dont think its necessarily a manufacturer's support thats a problem, but more of the actual dealer you bought it from that could be a problem. Any John Deere dealer is supposed to keep quite a few parts in stock at all times and if they dont have them they use a FLASH+ system which basically locates the nearest desired part and sends that one so the down time is to a minimum. I know Great dane used to have a problem with getting parts, but that was when great dane was its own company. Once great dane was bought out they stopped making them for a while and parts were only limited to what dealers already had in stock. Now JD owns them and they brought back the GD line of mowers.(redesigned of course) I dont know for sure, but parts should not be as big of a problem anymore now that JD owns them.

My dealer has been great. Quick to get parts, knows what to get even if its a really old piece of equipment. Can match you up with something that will work. Quick repair time. They transferred the 5year extended warranty no problem. THe mower came with a 2 year transferable warranty. Plus an extended 5 years of warranty. The warranty covers everything except blades, belts, battery, and tires. The cost of the warranty is a percentage of what the original mower's cost was. I think the guy I bought it from paid like $800 for the extra "Fail-Safe" 5 year warranty. Hope this helps.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:09 PM
smlavin, thank you.

As for hills, this mower holds them fairly well. It takes some practice and time to get used too. Id say spend 40 hours on one to make a good evaluation of these machines and their capabilities. They really take some getting used too. You have to use the controls to balance out the weight to keep from sliding and keeping straight lines. Though you do this will all mowers. I wouldnt recomend taking a ztr or a stander in to many ditches because they might get stuck in one. However my 60" Stander is shorter then my 48" Exmark Viking and it is way shorter than a ZTR so you have a good chance to mow smaller ditches with the stander than any ZTR and most larger WB's. I usually just use a 21", my 36" JD WB, or a line trimmer.

As for the stander vs. a ZTR there is a big weight difference. The 60" JD Quik-Trak weighs about 775lbs, where as like a 61" scag ZTR weighs like 1200lbs. When your standing on the mower it really doesnt look as big as most would think a 60" mower would look. Just look at the last 4 pics of my mower. A ZTR looks a lot more bulky so most customers dont think of it as much more than a Large WB. Most of my customers were really impressed with the machine. They thought it was neat. Little or no resistance so far. The major concern Ive found is the same people who dont like ZTR's also complain about tire marks and not being at a property very long. The 667 isnt too bad on tire marks.

Right now I have a 36" JD WB, a 48" Exmark Viking, and a 60" 667 JD Quik-Trak. Maybe 5% of my yards have gates that only my 36" JD WB will fit through. Then Id say 15% that have gates that my 48" Exmark Viking could fit through. The rest of the yards, if the 48" fits so will my 60". The Standers are more manuverable then hydro walk behinds so it makes my life easier and more productive. I do wish I bought the 657(54") or even the 647(48") at times because the 60" can just be too big for some residentials sometimes. Gates are not the problem, just that you have a hard time trying to make passes without going over your last pass in many tight areas.

Id say I would spend about 7-8 Hours total on the actual Stander a day. Its not as bad as some would think. With the Knee/Thigh pad that comes with it, it makes the ride very comfortable. The platform you stand on also has 6 springs to give it some suspension, which the wrights dont have. The key to using a stander is to keep your knees bent a little bit at all times, because if you stand up like you have a board up you arse, because the adrenaline rush you get from using the mower and stiff legs can cause the operator to pass out. Plus when you keep the knees bent your legs act as the shock absorbers not your back. Im only 19 going on 20 and my back would hurt after 20 mins of being on a ZTR. Ive used scag and exmark ztrs and i must say the scag had a nicer seat. I havent had that problem on the stander yet.

LawnBoy89
11-17-2004, 04:21 PM
That thing is seriosuly awsome. How much do they go for? All the parts on it are so high quality.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Geo, thanks. The front yard and around the house is usually cut with a mulching 21" toro. Mostly for exercise and less cleanup. The rest of the yard is done with the Stander, the 48" exmark wb, or a mulching 44" toro garden tractor.

As far as rutting goes, the 667 and the 657 both come with 20x10-8 tires on the back and 13x5-6 tires on the casters. The 647 has the same front caster tires and 20x8-8 tires on the back. They are so wide and the weight is pretty evenly distributed that they leave a nice footprint. Very little rutting. Even fairly wet grass isnt too bad, just watch out for tearing the turf.

Striping sucked with the stock blades that came on it. At least I think the ones that the guy had on it were stock. The name of the type of blade that was on it slips my mind right now, but its the wavy one but not a mulching blade. Its flat where the bolt goes through, then dips down, then is flat again with a high wing. High lifts, regular blades, or gators make this machine stripe very well.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Eric 1, LOL, thanks. Yeah the great danes are very similar, in fact they are made by John Deere, just the third party version.

I will list the differences that I know between the JD and the GD versions in case people want or care to know or are considering a stander.

JD
*Durable, bendable Plastic chute
*Remember the removable cover that covers the belts? Well it up on the upper frame of floating deck not on the actual deck like the great dane.
*Fenders have a different design and are stronger on the Deere
*Different exhaust system
*The location of the choke, key ignition, and different hour meter.
*Different design of the transmission resevoir. Deeres are larger.
*Belt set up and location different
*Less antic scalp wheels
*offer 48", 54", and 60" decks
*A one piece stamped 7-Iron floating deck. So those who want to copare fabricated decks and stamped decks here ya go.
*Battery has 340 cold cranking amps and a 67 minute reserve time
*Top speed of 8.5mph forward
*Same size tires as the GD but the rears have a greater range of air pressure capacity.
*Cutting Heights of 1.5" to 4.5" with .5" increments

The great danes:
*Metal chute which could get bent up and break what you run into easier.
*Belt cover on deck not deck frame like the deere
*Caster arm brackets have holes in it
*A boxier Exhaust setup, design, and location.
*Fenders are differently designed and are not as sturdy.
*Different location of choke, key ignition, and different hour meter.
*Smaller and differenly designed transmission resivoir
*Different Belt setup and design from JD.
*Less anti-scalp wheels
*They offer a 36", 48", 53", and a 61" deck sizes
*A Fabricated floating deck.
*8.0mph top forward speed.
*Battery is 235 cold cranking amps with a reserve time of 25 minutes.
*Smaller range of tire pressure capacities.
*The cutting height ranges from 1.5" to 5.5" with .5" increments.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:44 PM
dsogr, thanks. I will consider the video thing. I dont think my computer has the ports to hook up the video camer though. Yeah I think I read somewhere that standers only occupy like 10% of the market, but they are gaining popularity every year.

Mo Green
11-17-2004, 04:48 PM
What are the advantages of a stander over a ZTR?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 04:57 PM
That thing is seriosuly awsome. How much do they go for? All the parts on it are so high quality.

Thank you. I agree grade 8 nut and bolts and chains. Very reinforced and strong. Nice welds and nice strong design and structure.

647 retails for about $6939.00
657 retails for about $7649.00
667 retails for about $7859.00

They aslo sell mulch kits for like $190 and a light kit for like $170.

The cather I got with it was an Accelerator catcher with a dust cover and costs about $350. I highly recomend them. Easy to use, will not rust, light, and look nice.

I also got with the mower the extended extra 5 year warranty on top of the 2 year warranty that covers everything except blades, tires, belts, and the battery. I think he said he paid like $800 for it. But its percentage based on the total mower cost.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:02 PM
TClawn, Thanks. Yeah I took the mower on a 30 degree hill once going up not accross to see what it was like. I almost pi$$ed myself. Can be scary, but the front end didnt even lift. Felt more scary then it really was. You really have to hang on.

The biggest problem with the mower on hills is that its real easy to spin the tires or tear the turf. Too much power and not enough traction weight on hills. Like I said it takes a lot of practice to get it right. A trick is to shift your weight to put your weight where the tires need it for traction. Also if you get the caster wheels both facing outwards it helps a lot.

Fareway Lawncare
11-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Sweet Mower...W/All the Hard Surfaces around the Turf I Guess You Have to Catch Everything....Are You getting the Mulch Kit & Can a shallow...(it is shallow since Stamped ?) 7-Iron Deck Mulch !?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Sweet Mower...W/All the Hard Surfaces around the Turf I Guess You Have to Catch Everything....Are You getting the Mulch Kit & Can a shallow...(it is shallow since Stamped ?) 7-Iron Deck Mulch !?

Yeah I will probably get the mulch kit for it just so I have it if I ever want it. I usually dont catch just around my house or I mulch everything. I usually just side discharge most of my customers. The 7-Iron really isnt shallow. The front does curl up but they did that on purpose to allow things like leaves to get under the deck easier. The 7-Iron discharges like there is no tomorrow! Great dispersal and air flow.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Walker-talker, I forgot to say, I dont know if you saw the pictures of the controls, but that bar out front can be adjust to allow for higher travel speeds. You can find a comfortable setting and leave it there. I dont know about the controls in the past, but these are pretty easy to use.

snap12.5
11-17-2004, 09:52 PM
ive been thinking about one of those or a wright. what did u pay for that deere?

jpmako
11-17-2004, 10:25 PM
MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC,

Nice machine I am thinking of adding one to my arsenal for the spring.
I have not demoed a stander yet, but I have seen alot of guys using them around my area. I got the Z-track because of bad knees, but I think that I will be retiring my W/B for a stander sometime soon.
Good luck with it, and let me know how it works out for you.

To answer some of the questions, respond to comments,

John deere has the best parts network around period. If my dealer doesnt have the part I need or if I don't feel like driving there to get it (30 Mins.)
It WILL be on my doorstep the next day. cant ask for any better than that!

As far as the 7 IRON deck being shallow - It is just as deep if not deeper than any other commercial mower out there. I have had alot of mowers, and can tell you that the 7 IRON cuts better than anything I have had or ever seen. And I would be willing to put it up against any mower. I am the only guy in my area with John Deere mowing equipment, and I get a lot of looks/questions from fellow Lco's. Everybody says that John Deere's dont cut good, well I beg to differ And here is a picture to prove it.
It also makes a pretty good leaf plow...LOL

jpmako
11-17-2004, 10:28 PM
also makes a pretty good Leaf Plow..

jpmako
11-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Also makes a pretty good Leaf Plow

Greenkeepers
11-17-2004, 11:42 PM
where are some pictures of the stripes?? I know the deflector looks nice and so does the bagger and bagger hinge but the customer doesn't care what your mower looks like they want to see the straight deep stripes...

dwc
11-17-2004, 11:49 PM
If you go to this page, there is a video of this machine. http://www.deere.com/en_US/groundscare/video/racing_the_sun.html#
I am considering this mower (647 with a 48") for next year to replace my Wright Sentar. The Wright is hard to get parts for in my area....nearest dealer is 1.5 hours away now.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-17-2004, 11:54 PM
MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC,

Nice machine I am thinking of adding one to my arsenal for the spring.
I have not demoed a stander yet, but I have seen alot of guys using them around my area. I got the Z-track because of bad knees, but I think that I will be retiring my W/B for a stander sometime soon.
Good luck with it, and let me know how it works out for you.

To answer some of the questions, respond to comments,

John deere has the best parts network around period. If my dealer doesnt have the part I need or if I don't feel like driving there to get it (30 Mins.)
It WILL be on my doorstep the next day. cant ask for any better than that!

As far as the 7 IRON deck being shallow - It is just as deep if not deeper than any other commercial mower out there. I have had alot of mowers, and can tell you that the 7 IRON cuts better than anything I have had or ever seen. And I would be willing to put it up against any mower. I am the only guy in my area with John Deere mowing equipment, and I get a lot of looks/questions from fellow Lco's. Everybody says that John Deere's dont cut good, well I beg to differ And here is a picture to prove it.
It also makes a pretty good leaf plow...LOL

Agreed, the 7-Iron deck is great. Stays clean underneath longer than a fabricated deck. It cuts great. Amazing discharge and clipping dispersal. I am one of the few that runs deere mowers.

Nice Pictures and thanks for the nice comments. A stander is definately very productive. Way out performs hydro and belt walk behinds. You may want to demo the standers to make sure your knee will be ok. I dont think it will be too big of a problem though. Ive been very thrilled with my purchase and would buy another if I needed another mower. I think I will buy another WB or a ZTR next though. John Deere makes a wb with the floating 7-Iron deck now, very sweet.

jpmako
11-17-2004, 11:55 PM
where are some pictures of the stripes?? I know the deflector looks nice and so does the bagger and bagger hinge but the customer doesn't care what your mower looks like they want to see the straight deep stripes...

I will post some more pics of stripes tomorrow. I don't know about your customers but mine don't care about stripes. They care about quality and reliability. And my JD gives a better quality cut than any other ZTR around.

Jason

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-18-2004, 12:00 AM

Ive been meaning to do this especially for my website, but I havent had time yet. Too busy working. If I take some it will have to come next year. The cutting season is over here. :cry: Trust me though, the Quik-Trak leaves a nice cut with beautiful stripes. Also not every customer cares about stripes, but more that it gets cut, your on time, and you dont leave a mess.

smlavin
11-18-2004, 12:02 AM
MJL,

Thanks for all of your detailed replys. I have gained a lot of information today. :waving:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Dwc, thats a good link. I was thinking of listing that but you beat me to it. Here you go drsogr, DWC has found you a clip of the quik-trak.

DEMO, DEMO, DEMO the quik-traks DWC.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-18-2004, 12:04 AM
MJL,

Thanks for all of your detailed replys. I have gained a lot of information today. :waving:

No problem, Glad I could help. Ask me if you have any more questions. Im doing my best to answer everyone. :waving:

JKOOPERS
11-18-2004, 01:03 AM
dang if you think that deere makes some nice lines look at what an exmark will do . you might wanna trade that great dane i mean deer in :rolleyes:

Sir Sel
11-18-2004, 01:29 AM
Very interesting machine. I have a commercial 21" JD and it works/cuts great. I suppose you lose a little advantage over the w/b getting under low tree limbs and such. Still very impressive and a strong consideration. :blob3:

Fareway Lawncare
11-18-2004, 01:35 AM
Don't really Care About Discharge.....Discharge Takes Longer & Looks Messier than a Good Mulching Mower on Our Props...How well does that 7 Iron Mulch ?!?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-18-2004, 07:26 AM
dang if you think that deere makes some nice lines look at what an exmark will do . you might wanna trade that great dane i mean deer in :rolleyes:

LOL, I wouldnt trade this mower in for the world. Dont make me go back into the details on the difference between the Danes and the Deeres.

By the way I do have an exmark. Cuts well, nice stripes. Doesnt compare to my JD WB though.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-18-2004, 07:28 AM
Very interesting machine. I have a commercial 21" JD and it works/cuts great. I suppose you lose a little advantage over the w/b getting under low tree limbs and such. Still very impressive and a strong consideration. :blob3:

Agreed. However if you see them comming you can duck behind the controls and the knee/thigh pad and all you have to worry about then is your knuckles.
Its the ones you dont see that hit you hardest. :dizzy:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Don't really Care About Discharge.....Discharge Takes Longer & Looks Messier than a Good Mulching Mower on Our Props...How well does that 7 Iron Mulch ?!?

Couldnt tell ya. Im probably going to buy a mulching kit in the spring for it. Im sure someone else on here knows how a 7-Iron mulches. Id have to guess that it would do very well. Good circulation, deep deck, not as much potential for grass hang up on a stamped deck.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
12-13-2004, 01:33 AM
Im going to use my newly gained knowledge of reposting a picture to repost this picture of the suspension platform, because its a really neat feature and I couldnt post it again before cause it was in another post. This is a big advantage over the wrights. It got six springs enclosed in rubber sleeves which give the operator a smoother ride: http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28418&stc=1

John Gamba
08-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Any striping pics

arborist-28
08-02-2005, 10:24 AM
sweet ride ... c

John Gamba
08-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Do you still like the deere?
John

RKISTNER1
08-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Wonder what it looks like now? More pics.. HA HA oh no

John Gamba
08-03-2005, 03:18 PM
mimmmmmmmmm

Grass Man
08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
.... Very nice looking machine :).

Hovey's Lawn Care
07-06-2006, 02:48 AM
I'd like to see some stripe pics too. I just bought the 657 and would like to find ways to enhance the striping.

ExcaliburLawnCare
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Because of this post and the fact that is $2000 off as it is now September, I decided to go ahead and buy this beast. It is indeed the best mower I have used as it pertains to cut quality and speed. The only draw back thus far is its ability in tight spots, my going in reverse in a strait line needs alot of work, and I am so sore from standing very taught as I cut. As I get used to it, I ought to be able to overcome these setbacks soon. Thanks for this thread as it has been conducive to my decision on getting a Deere.

I have been using a 48" Exmark til now, and oddly now that I have a Deere, my clients believe I have a top quality machine, not that I do not think so, but since many are not familiar with what we in the industry are accustomed to, the Deere name carries alot of clout with it. Interesting.

John Gamba
09-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Because of this post and the fact that is $2000 off as it is now September, I decided to go ahead and buy this beast. It is indeed the best mower I have used as it pertains to cut quality and speed. The only draw back thus far is its ability in tight spots, my going in reverse in a strait line needs alot of work, and I am so sore from standing very taught as I cut. As I get used to it, I ought to be able to overcome these setbacks soon. Thanks for this thread as it has been conducive to my decision on getting a Deere.

I have been using a 48" Exmark til now, and oddly now that I have a Deere, my clients believe I have a top quality machine, not that I do not think so, but since many are not familiar with what we in the industry are accustomed to, the Deere name carries alot of clout with it. Interesting.

PICS:cool2:

lawnboyoung
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
now shes perdy good for u!noghthing cuts like a deere.cant wait untill i save up enough $ to get a ridding mower im thinkin about the 300z from toro.

LawnMowerMan2003
09-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Looks awesome! Closest thing I have seen in use was a Great Dane. The owners have been in business 20 years and say that is their favorite; one has carpal tunnel syndrome and she can still use it. I can dream about the day I'll buy something like this. lol

John Gamba
09-24-2007, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC;839039]Well Ive finally got my dream mower. QUOTE]

Do you still have the deere

deere615
09-24-2007, 10:30 PM
That is a really nice mower!

delphied
09-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I was hot for a stander this spring. I checked out Wrights and I know you have a Wright dealer in Shelby township. The standers are unpopular here in MICH and I cant figure out why. Ill have some brand of Stander before Im done but I couldnt get a good cut out of the Wrights so I got an Exmark Lazer Z. They are downright uncomfortable compared to a Stander. What was your reasons for not going with Wright?

ExcaliburLawnCare
09-25-2007, 12:01 AM
I like green