PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet, anyone use their commercial stuff?

tejas241
11-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Hello all! I have been comparing all the major manufacturers ZTRs... Have gotten some great advice on many types but have found out very little on the Cub Cadets. I can save a couple thousand dollars on a Lesco which I understand is EXACTLY the same as a Cub. Do any of you use the Cubs and Lescos? Do they cut and hold up as well as say exmark, hustler, toro, scag, etc?

N.H.BOY
11-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Hey bud, I have got a new demo CUB TANK 54. I have used it only this season, so it runs great. No prombles at all yet. Cuts find and it bags find. I also was looking at new zero turns and found the cub was built find and price was right. Also make sure you find a good dealer because you'll go back for parts and what not. Good luck and I know there are alot of choices. But I think just about any name brand might be fine because there is alot of company to get your buss. so they will build a good mower. Find yours and make some money payup payup

Dig-it Landscaping
11-17-2004, 11:25 AM
i used a cub commercial ztr this year for about 1 week. i was impressed with how comfortable it was and the manuverability. but it didn't mow worth crap. it was a 44" and 15 kawi. my 15 kawi 48" gravely wb had 5 times better mowing quality. the cub left clumps and missed blades of grass constantly i sharpened the blades and still no difference. it had less than 40 hours on it. my advice is stay away and spend more money for a quaility mower.

wriken
11-17-2004, 02:02 PM
i used a cub commercial ztr this year for about 1 week. i was impressed with how comfortable it was and the manuverability. but it didn't mow worth crap. it was a 44" and 15 kawi. my 15 kawi 48" gravely wb had 5 times better mowing quality. the cub left clumps and missed blades of grass constantly i sharpened the blades and still no difference. it had less than 40 hours on it. my advice is stay away and spend more money for a quaility mower.

you have a pic of the 44" cub ztr? :)

Dig-it Landscaping
11-17-2004, 03:58 PM
no i don't one of my employees own it for thier personal use and he wanted me to try it out. sorry i can't be of more help

N.H.BOY
11-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey Dig-it landscaping, I dont know where you got that 44" Cub with a 15h.p., but that must not have been a commercial mower because the smallest one cub makes is a 48" with 18 h.p. They do have what they call a residential mowers that are smaller and cheap made, but again they only make a 44" with 20 h.p. Im not busted on you man, Im just trying to get some facts out to other people. If im wrong please someone let me know!!!! :cool2:

Beer is on me Dig-It Land :drinkup: :drinkup:

wriken
11-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey Dig-it landscaping, I dont know where you got that 44" Cub with a 15h.p., but that must not have been a commercial mower because the smallest one cub makes is a 48" with 18 h.p. They do have what they call a residential mowers that are smaller and cheap made, but again they only make a 44" with 20 h.p. Im not busted on you man, Im just trying to get some facts out to other people. If im wrong please someone let me know!!!! :cool2:

Beer is on me Dig-It Land :drinkup: :drinkup:

Thats why I wanted to see a pic, never seen a commercial 44" :)

tejas241
11-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Thanks fellas! Is tha free beer only for dig it?
So... you guys are really happy with their commercial stuff? Have you used it with any of the other biggies?

Thanks - Rod

N.H.BOY
11-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks fellas! Is tha free beer only for dig it?
So... you guys are really happy with their commercial stuff? Have you used it with any of the other biggies?

Thanks - Rod

What do you mean by"other biggies?" Yes im happy with it so far check out the web site cubcadetcommercial.com

riches139
11-17-2004, 08:06 PM
You're correct Wriken, Cub Commercial doesn't make a 44" Z. :dizzy:

He must have been looking at a ZForce or RZT which are homeowner models.

My Tank has a great cut and stripes extremely well also. :waving:

N.H.BOY
11-17-2004, 08:22 PM
You're correct Wriken, Cub Commercial doesn't make a 44" Z. :dizzy:

He must have been looking at a ZForce or RZT which are homeowner models.

My Tank has a great cut and stripes extremely well also. :waving:

Hey riches139, I see you have a cub wb. Do you like it and what size and cut please, if you dont mind?? :p I have heard Cub will not be making to many wb. this year. More on ztr. Let me know if you have heard this also or if anyone else has :waving:

Aaron Marshall
11-17-2004, 08:32 PM
One of my buddies got a wb cub cadet with an 18hp kawi, and its not as fast as some of the other wb's out there, just what I've heard. They make awsome riding tractors (obviously not what we look for here), and another thing to consider is thier parts prices... check it out. They have been around for a long time, and they will have excelent customer service and shouldn't have any problem with discontinuations.
Aaron

riches139
11-17-2004, 08:56 PM
I believe they dropped the 52" wb. MTD may still make them for Lesco.
The 36 and 48 are the hot sellers.
I have the G1336. 13 hp Kawasaki twin, 36" deck.
Nice cut, but could stripe better. Going to add some chains to motor deck in the spring.

wissel_landscaping
11-17-2004, 09:27 PM
I have the m54 tank with the 24hp honda i have just over 600hours on it and not 1 single problem yet i think it cuts and stripes better than my wright stander and my turf tigers (sold both tigers) i think its one of the best cutting mowers i have used besides a walker i would definitly buy another.

Travis Followell
11-18-2004, 07:15 AM
I think you'll find the Cub's and the lesco's to be good mowers. They are built as good as any other brand and they are quite a bit cheaper.

Travis Followell
11-18-2004, 08:04 PM
I forgot to mention that I have a Cub Cadet Commercial trimmer and it is a very powerful machine and built good. I've used it for two years with no problems.

GreenN'Clean
05-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I have a 2003 cub cadet commercial mower model 1752 with a kawasaki 17 hp motor with a 52" cut and its been the best mower ive ever owned, leaves a good cut and never scalps even if i run it in 5th gear. Best walk behind ive ever used but wished it came with electric start. It takes a few pulls for the first start of the day but after that fires up first pull for the rest of the day.

rodzilla94
05-08-2006, 10:10 PM
i have a hydro 15/48 cub. i love this thing it strips awesome and like the z's it is built like a tank. now mind you it is a pistol grip but i love it 300 hours on it and no prob's at all just keep it greased it will last.....if you ask me i will buy another one as far a the z's if they are as bullet proof as these are i will buy it as well.....oh if you are looking at them buy the hydro......if it doesn't cut on hills then you will not walk it period....;)

Envy Lawn Service
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Hello all! I have been comparing all the major manufacturers ZTRs... Have gotten some great advice on many types but have found out very little on the Cub Cadets. I can save a couple thousand dollars on a Lesco which I understand is EXACTLY the same as a Cub. Do any of you use the Cubs and Lescos? Do they cut and hold up as well as say exmark, hustler, toro, scag, etc?

I didn't take time to read any of the other replies.

But yes, Lesco is my favorite mower yet...

I can answer any of the questions you may have about them.

jdlynch
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Envy, would you please PM me with your phone number? I want to talk to you about your tank. Maybe the PM will work this time.

Thanks, David Lynch

Envy Lawn Service
05-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Envy, would you please PM me with your phone number? I want to talk to you about your tank. Maybe the PM will work this time.

Thanks, David Lynch

Sure, that's on the way again...

daveintoledo
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
great mower, built tought, great cut, awsomw stripes, and i have a great dealer....

dcondon
05-08-2006, 11:13 PM
great mower, built tought, great cut, awsomw stripes, and i have a great dealer....

YUP!!! I work for Wriken and run the 72" tank. They are great mowers and will do anything another com mower will!!!!:cool2: :cool2:

Liquidfast
05-08-2006, 11:46 PM
I have a kid (18 years old) working for me. I bought the cub cadet residential 22/50 from home depot in the U.S. and brought it up to Ontario. He is new and the few accounts he does on his own, the thing works like a charm. I dont quite trust him enough for the commercial gear (loading and unloading) and at that price, if something does go wrong, all is definetly not lost. I personally like the cut it gives....no probs and its a resi.

Envy Lawn Service
05-09-2006, 12:00 AM
I have a kid (18 years old) working for me. I bought the cub cadet residential 22/50 from home depot in the U.S. and brought it up to Ontario. He is new and the few accounts he does on his own, the thing works like a charm. I dont quite trust him enough for the commercial gear (loading and unloading) and at that price, if something does go wrong, all is definetly not lost. I personally like the cut it gives....no probs and its a resi.

Yep, the 50" residential deck cuts good.

So does the 46" they put on their lawn tractors.
They should have used that one instead of the 42" on the smaller residential ztr.