PDA

View Full Version : quick books /manager pro

fga
11-17-2004, 10:42 AM
i have never used any computer software for this business. just the basic microsoft word, for making my bills and flyers.

what exactly does the quick books do for you in this business? i was looking at the 2004 "Manager pro" yesterday. every example on the box was related to landscaping. it said to be used in conjunction with quick books. i'm not computer software savy... so what does it do for you?

AL Inc
11-17-2004, 11:18 AM
FGA- Love my Quickbooks. I've been using it almost 10 years now. I'm not using everything it can do 100%, but mostly for billing, tracking receivables, financial statements, etc. It is a life saver for me.

mtdman
11-17-2004, 11:31 AM
I love qb too. I just use it for the accounting abilities, never got into time tracking or the other features. It's great for billing, tracking accounts receivable, etc. And the reports are great, lets you look at how you are earning, and spending your money. All kinds of good things.

:D

horseman201
11-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Just got QuickBooks yesterday in the mail. We just bought a new Dell and QB came with it. Looked at qb last night and I think it is going to work well cor us.

out4now
11-17-2004, 12:36 PM
My brother in law swears by it. He likes the fact that you can use it in conjunction with Turbo Tax.

leadarrows
11-17-2004, 01:06 PM
I have the 2004 QB pro and it works well for me. The job costing takes a little time to learn but it's not hard to use. The reports you can generate are simply awsome. I just applied for a loan to buy 100 acres. The government agent I applied with said he has been doing this for twenty years and he said the reports I gave him from QB were the best he had ever seen. The information he ask for about my companies profits was easy to generate and I believe they played a huge part in helping me secure the funds I needed. Thats one thing QB can do for you.
It has a bill reminder,an items list you can set up your cost and sell price in so you can easily keep track of profits. Theres a good system for keeping you accounts info organized. You can superscribe to the payroll feature and down load the latest tax info and it makes writing payroll checks a breeze.
For the money QB is really hard too beat. If you get it and spend some time learning how to use it you'll like it.

fga
11-17-2004, 02:55 PM
thanks for the feedback guys. just wondering, if your computer happens to take a dive..do you loose all your info? do you have to constantly keep back ups? ever have concerns over this?

Team Gopher
11-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi fga,

You should always make backups of your important data, as often as possible. Even daily.

horseman201
11-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Does anyone have the Clip program that goes with QuickBooks? If so how do you like it and what does it do different that QB?

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 02:49 AM
i have never used any computer software for this business. just the basic microsoft word, for making my bills and flyers.

what exactly does the quick books do for you in this business? i was looking at the 2004 "Manager pro" yesterday. every example on the box was related to landscaping. it said to be used in conjunction with quick books. i'm not computer software savy... so what does it do for you?

that is so funny you are taking about the Client Manager Pro for Quickbooks because I just ordered that about a week ago for an add on for my Quickbooks 2003. I will let you know how it works out and if there are any bugs.

rodfather
11-18-2004, 07:06 AM
Adam, I have QB's Pro 2003. I could not run my business without it. The Reports section is awesome.