PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody ID this?

hamsey
11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Here's the scoop. I put down Lesco 25-5-10 last Thursday. We got about 4" of snow on Friday. After the snow melted this is what I saw. I tried to ID it using the Lesco Fungus chart to no avail. Can somebody please tell me what it is and how it happened? It looks like a powder that is random through out the lawn. Thank You.

Norm

hole in one lco
11-17-2004, 07:10 PM
powdery mildew thats my guess from your explanation. But i don't like to guess without seeing it in person. If you cant look at it an know what it is go to lesco and have them come out and look for you.

kickin sum grass
11-17-2004, 08:11 PM
check into snow mold also

Runner
11-17-2004, 08:26 PM
It's powdery mildew. Just rake it to increase the aie circulation. It is contributed to by heavy N amounts and the best control is a balanced fert. program and good air circulation. It will be alright. We've had some around here with all the rain and wet leaves.

hamsey
11-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Thank you for the quick replies. I was thinking it was powderly mildew, but the disease chart said "needs high humidity for infection" which is not the case here. That is what threw me off. Again, Thank you.

Norm

qps
11-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Thank you for the quick replies. I was thinking it was powderly mildew, but the disease chart said "needs high humidity for infection" which is not the case here. That is what threw me off. Again, Thank you.

Norm

My guess is that the snow (blanket) increases the temp and causes the mildew, only visible because the the snow melted, may check the the grass blades aren't to long, this will increase the likely hood of snowmold come next spring....dang now I know why I had to take that cert. test :D