PDA

View Full Version : Our leaf vac rigs

FrankenScagMachines
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
:waving: :blob3: :cool2: payup :D :cool: :)

I want one so bad! :cry:

my city has 6 of these (all lined up here) in use daily this time of year. They have at least one or two others that just sit (either in need of repair or for backup use i suppose). so awesome. i want one so bad its not funny! these things are awesome to watch in action. i know everyones town has these and ya'll have already seen them but i think they're just too cool to not post a pic of. They don't work late in the day so when we went to the recycling center to dump this afternoon they had already called it a day and these were parked. Mega drool puddles here....

cantoo
11-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Eric, it would be hard to get the kind of money you would need to keep those machines busy. It would also be hard to find the size of properties you would need and to get the dollars per hour you would need for one. Just remember tax dollars aren't real dollars.

Lazer_Z
11-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Nice to dream aint it Eric?? One day my friend one day.

Not to sound rude but, the way you work you should more than get your money out of the old BG loader you got.

FrankenScagMachines
11-17-2004, 10:23 PM
cantoo, actually i see those Giant Vac units just like pictured above, for only a couple thousand on ebay sometimes. cities sell them at auctions, someone buys them and sells it on ebay. thats the same price as a new 16hp vac. If you had to rebuild the engine on one, and a couple hydraulic repairs, still much less than price of a new dump trailer plus a new vac on it of similar size, these things are tri-axle, self contained dumping, big diesel engines, HUGE intake hoses, etc.

LazerZ, yep nice to dream lol. yup the 11hp BG is ok. it hates wet leaves and wet chopped leaves but if things are dry and or fluffy its fine.

paponte
11-17-2004, 10:46 PM
I could have had 3 this year all for $1500 a pop. You had better plan on putting another $1K into them in order for them to be nice units. :)

jpmako
11-17-2004, 11:00 PM
I wanted one soo badly that I bought one.
Let me tell you these things can suck up some leaves. Since my F-600 Dump truck is down at the moment (getting the trans rebuilt) I have been pulling the leaf vacuum with my F-250. Well this thing is heavy, heavy enough that monday morning I was headed to the dump actually when I was only about a mile away I heard "SNAP" and then I found myself dragging the thing down the street. The hitch on the truck bent to the ground. So I had to walk to a gas station to borrow a floor jack, take off the leaf vacuum then go get a new hitch installed on the truck. Lesson learned the hard way I guess $300 and 4 1/2 hours later I was pulling it home again.

Just thought I would share my sad story :cry:

SodKing
11-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Remember, cities have more money than you, ironic since it is your money, so they get all the top of the line toys they want. Also, they don't have to worry about losing money, since you haven't gone broke yet and are still paying your taxes, they will just dip into the taxpayers pocket.

paponte
11-17-2004, 11:20 PM
jpmako, you just buy that thing? :confused:

jpmako
11-17-2004, 11:31 PM
paponte,

Yes I bought it two weeks ago.

Jason

paponte
11-17-2004, 11:39 PM
heh, yeah from Richie. Nice unit. :)

jpmako
11-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Yes sir I got it from Rich.
Thanks it is a nice unit and it seems to work well. The only thing it needed was a new hose. $400 aftermarket $1200 original equipment so I went with the aftermarket. Rich is a nice guy who was very helpful, I would highly recommend him to anybody looking for equipment. :waving:

Jason