PDA

View Full Version : Hope this helps......

TropicalBreeze
11-17-2004, 10:10 PM
I started in mid June with no clients and purchased all my equipment (new) about a 5000.00 investment.
Add advertising etc. and round it out to a cool 6000.00.
There were times I wondered what had I done. A few of you gave some good advice and with that and some disipline I'm happy to say that I'm contracted for 60,000.00 this coming year.
Here is what I've done.

1. Buy all your own equipment-as much as you can afford.
2. Advertise locally (community bulletin etc.) door hangers.
3. Make sure your yard is kick-ass. Helps if you can win yard of the month.
4. Charge as you see fit - not under or over.
5. Don't hire anyone - do all your own work and present your-self as professional
6. Don't spend all your time on this site (sorry sean) sell your-self instead to anyone that will listen.(I promised my-self I wouldn't go on this site until I had 60,000.00 contracted) It's sometimes easy to feel sorry for your-self on this site.
7. Ask current clients for names of those that would be interested in your service.
8. Don't be afraid to go head to head with the big companies - you have qualities they don't and that may appeal to some people.
9. Preach quality, quality quality. Many are not providing this.

Hope this helps some -
Stay small and provide quality service

Tropical Breeze Lawn and Garden - Orlando,Fl

Braxton
11-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Are you full time? Do you intned to hire employees as you expand, and how long did it take?

Thanks.

Braxton

bkowalski
11-17-2004, 11:21 PM
thats awesome TB. I just bought all of my stuff in Oct. 04. Have 5 accounts so far. Havent advertised yet though. What do you think would be the best if money is tight? Advertising that is....

elijahjames
11-18-2004, 03:55 AM
Beautiful!

TropicalBreeze
11-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I don't plan to expand with employee's etc. I feel that's too much of a headache.
It took 5 months of ups and downs but you have to hustle for the right work

TropicalBreeze
11-18-2004, 01:56 PM
I think the best advertising is door hangers in your area - for the money.
My heading was CALL YOUR NEIGHBOR FOR.......