PDA

View Full Version : grass growing in bushes and liriope

jbell113
11-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Just wondering if any of you know how to kill grass and weeds growing in monkey grass or bushes besides pulling it out by hand. Im just a mower guy and dont do any chemicals and its for my own property so liscense is not an issue here. Went to my local nursery and they recommended a product called OVER the TOP have any of you used this?

YardPro
11-17-2004, 10:05 PM
call someone who is a liscensed applicator
here in nc it's a max $25,000.00 fine 6 year prison term for spraying w/o a liscense.

jbell113
11-17-2004, 10:12 PM
did you not read ....I said its in my yard

lawnman_scott
11-17-2004, 10:56 PM
There is something called Fusilade that wont kill leafy things. It can kill flowering shrubs, but its ok for lariope. It also will just kill grassy weeds, but it sounds like that is what your looking for. You can get it at lesco after your 6 year prison sentence is overturned on appeal.

HOOLIE
11-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Could you imagine explaining that one when you're in the state pen? "You're in for murder? Me? Uhh....well....I was spraying weeds without a license....so just BACK OFF BUBBA before I put the hurtin' on you!"

To answer the question, I'm not sure what you'd use.

Ric
11-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Just wondering if any of you know how to kill grass and weeds growing in monkey grass or bushes besides pulling it out by hand. Im just a mower guy and dont do any chemicals and its for my own property so liscense is not an issue here. Went to my local nursery and they recommended a product called OVER the TOP have any of you used this?

Jbell

Liriope muscari either evergreen giant or standard is resistance to Roundup. However Liriope Muscari variegatium is not. There are many plants that are resistance to Roundup. If you know the names of these plants I can tell you if they are roundup resistance. If they are a common plat in my part of Florida.

jbell113
11-18-2004, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the positive replies. As far as jail time and fines I doubt the national pesticide control will drive thru my neighborhood this week end while im working in my yard.

TURF DOCTOR
11-18-2004, 07:56 AM
Try lesco they will help....