PDA

View Full Version : 32" Mower

alpine692003
11-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Hey guys,

Presently I have only a 21" mower and a riding 21" mower, I would like to add a 32" to my fleet.. WHY 32 you say? our property sizes are not that big and we have lots of gates, I just picked up a few commercial sites and I wouldn't mind using this 32" to make it more quicker..

I have no clue as to what to look for in a 32" or even what brand to get?

:dizzy:

smlavin
11-17-2004, 11:44 PM
I have a 32" Exmark Metro W/B. It's a belt drive and from what I have read the hydro versions must be much easier to handle but since this is all I have ever used I have gotten used to it. It has plenty of power. I use it to pull a two wheel sulky in 4th or 5th gear with no problem. It cuts through anything and never bogs down.

I am very happy with my Exmark but if your properties are small and you want to be able to use a sulky at all you will need a hydro version. Belt (or gear drives) do not reverse and you may find a 21" to be about as fast as a 32" belt drive if you are having to do a lot of reversing.

Have you considered at Gravely PM 34Z? I have never used one but it just might be what you need.

http://www.gravely.com/OPM34Z/

Good luck! :waving:

impactlandscaping
11-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Where did you find a 21" rider??? You must look like an elephant riding an ant...Seriously, the Exmark 32" Metro, and Snapper 32" are both good choices if they are available near you.

alpine692003
11-18-2004, 12:14 AM
LOL ... no, i dont need a ZTR .. I have small properties...

So you're saying, I can't use a sulky on a 32" belt?

I think I will use both the 32" and a 21" on this property.

Yah, the 21" riding mower is cool though lol... I bought it mainly to get from one place to another...

dishboy
11-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Hey guys,

Presently I have only a 21" mower and a riding 21" mower, I would like to add a 32" to my fleet.. WHY 32 you say? our property sizes are not that big and we have lots of gates, I just picked up a few commercial sites and I wouldn't mind using this 32" to make it more quicker..

I have no clue as to what to look for in a 32" or even what brand to get?

:dizzy:

Did you know that a 36 Exmark TTHP is actually 35.5inches and will fit through a standard three foot gate no problem? Great machine!

smlavin
11-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Alpine,

I am not saying that you can't use a sulky on a 32" w/b. I use one all the time. But I don't use it on small properties that require a lot of backing up. The sulky helps me pick up a lot of time if the properties are flat and relatively open and in this case it is much faster than a 21" mower. However, a belt drive will not back up with a sulky on it's own power so you have to get off and puuuullllllll it back. It is a real hassle in tight areas and in situations like this a 21" can be just as fast.

What I am saying is that if your properties are so small that you couldn't maneuver a 34" Z on them then you will probably find that there is so much maneuvering that a sulky with a belt drive would waste more time than it would help you gain. A hydro model would probably be a lot better choice because - from what I understand - you can back up with them using a sulky.

Hope this helps answer your question. :)

alpine692003
11-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Yah it does in a way..

Thanks...