PDA

View Full Version : They are not sulky wheels. What are they called?

DAVESDLUX
11-18-2004, 01:17 AM
I am thinking about buying some sulky wheels for my John Deere walk behind for next season. I have seen some other guys using a little board that folds down on the back of their mowers. Can you tell me what these are called and how much weight can they handle. Thanks for the help. :blob3:

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 02:29 AM
are you talking about proslides?

John Gamba
11-18-2004, 06:43 AM
What walk are you putting this Pro-Slide on?????
John

CRM Lawncare
11-18-2004, 09:24 AM
I had a proslide on my John Deere GS-45 walk behind. It was only the 14hp and it pulled fine and left a great stripe. My father who is 220 used it quite a bit and it pulled him fine. Get one off of ebay. Couple on there right not for $150-$170

lawnwizards
11-18-2004, 09:59 AM
My father who is 220
damn, your father must be in good shape to be that old and still working... :p

DAVESDLUX
11-18-2004, 11:52 AM
My mower is a John Deere HD75 HYdro With a 48" deck and a 17 hp Kawazaki engine. I weigh about 240 pounds so I was just wondering if a pro-slide can handle my weight or not. I have used a friends set of sulky wheels just a couple of times before and it just felt really strange, that is why I am looking at alternatives. Maybe if I just use the sulky more often I will get more used to it. Thanks for the help.

ztoro
11-18-2004, 11:59 AM
My mower is a John Deere HD75 HYdro With a 48" deck and a 17 hp Kawazaki engine. I weigh about 240 pounds so I was just wondering if a pro-slide can handle my weight or not. I have used a friends set of sulky wheels just a couple of times before and it just felt really strange, that is why I am looking at alternatives. Maybe if I just use the sulky more often I will get more used to it. Thanks for the help.

I am sure the proslide will pull you on the flats. I am 180 with a 17hp I get pulled up some hills with no problems.

My only problem with the proslide is the drag it creates on the mower. I am sure long term it will have affects on the motor, so I just order a casting sulky. It doenst swivel around alot like the normal sulkys. The wheels are casters and basically just add a extension to the rear of the machine. Hopefully it comes in a day or 2 and I will post some results...

DAVESDLUX
11-18-2004, 12:13 PM
I just looked on e-bay and I couldn't find any pro-slides. I looked under mowers and parts and accessories. Are they actually called pro-slides or do they have a different brand name. Also do any of you know of any websites where I can find these besides e-bay. Thanks Dave

ztoro
11-18-2004, 12:29 PM
I just looked on e-bay and I couldn't find any pro-slides. I looked under mowers and parts and accessories. Are they actually called pro-slides or do they have a different brand name. Also do any of you know of any websites where I can find these besides e-bay. Thanks Dave

this is a link to the guy that sells them... you can email him and see if he has any left

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZbillyhass643dpQQsorecordsperpageZ25QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

out4now
11-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Sounds like a slider.

PLM-1
11-18-2004, 05:26 PM
PM me for the guys name and phone # that sells them on ebay. I have bought gridiron racks and proslides from him...real good guy.

PLM-1
11-18-2004, 05:27 PM
PM me for the guys name and phone # that sells them on ebay. I have bought gridiron racks and proslides from him...real good guy.

actually...go to ebay and type in "gridiron rack" it is the only one. his # is on there.

grass-scapes
11-18-2004, 07:45 PM
if you go backwards on your mower while on your "slider".....does that make you a bad baptist....you know....a BACKSLIDER? :jester:

Landscare
11-18-2004, 07:55 PM
I think they are called VELKE we use them on our scag w/b s they are the single wheel that bolts on to the mower..

ztoro
11-18-2004, 08:13 PM
this is a link to the guy that sells them... you can email him and see if he has any left

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZbillyhass643dpQQsorecordsperpageZ25QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

or you can click the link to his store above

Roger
11-19-2004, 12:31 PM
My experience: ProSlide with Exmark Viking, 36" mower with 15HP Kohler -- not enough machine to handle the ProSlide unit. It drove the mower so badly I couldn't keep proper control.

I switched to BullRider -- works very well.

DAVESDLUX
11-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks for all the help everybody. I found the guy on ebay and I am checking into the proslide. Now I will have to decide between the proslide or some sulky wheels. Thanks Dave