PDA

View Full Version : I'd like 25 new accounts before spring..

Lawn-Scapes
11-18-2004, 01:29 AM
so would a lot of people. :) I'll settle for 10-15.

Has anyone had this kind of success going into winter? Realistic? How do I get them to call now? Any tips you want to share? I'd like to sign them before spring. Post or PM me please.

HOOLIE
11-18-2004, 01:31 AM
I'd like to know as well. I get a few and far between calls over the winter. Outta sight, outta mind for most folks.

What part of MD are you in?

Lawn-Scapes
11-18-2004, 01:32 AM
Carroll County

HOOLIE
11-18-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm in Fairfax Co., right on the border with Loudoun.

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 02:41 AM
my goal is to get around 12-15 new accounts by March of next year, so far I have 2 new accounts, with 3 maybes (they have until the 26th of November to return their contracts). That would bring my total up to only 7-10 left to go. (fingers crossed)

I try to target people that I might have done one time work for in the past. Even past customers that they either dropped me or I dropped them.

Expert Lawns
11-18-2004, 02:38 PM
10 new accounts by spring would make me happy. I have great success in gaining accounts by simply being out and about mowing......word of mouth, referrals, people getting my number off the truck, etc. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that I rely mostly on that, but it seems to work

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 04:27 PM
I know what you mean Expert. This might be the last year (for 2005) that I will be running a yellow pages ad. I get 90% of my customers by word of mouth or by seeing me on the job site, compared to the yellow pages ad. Sure, I do make a profit with the 10% of customers that use it compared to the cost, but every month I dread writing that check.

HOOLIE
11-18-2004, 06:25 PM
That's a good point you made tiedeman, about contacting past one-time jobs. I've done 4 one-time cuts this week (they always put the mower away for the winter in, say, late September). I just kind of threw out there that I could pick them up for next year if they're interested. To apply a little pressure, I told them I can only take on a limited amount of new customers each Spring, so talk it over with the spouse, get back to me soon and I'll "lock in" a spot for them.

Well, we will see how it pans out.

tiedeman
11-18-2004, 06:44 PM
exactly like I do Hoolie. I tell them that there are limited space so they better jump on now if they want me to service them

Lawn-Scapes
11-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Well.. I'm on my way. I placed 4 fliers on mailboxes yesterday.. received a call today and have a leaf clean up, snowplowing and new account for next year. So.. I figure I need to get 100 more fliers out ASAP and I'll have my 25 accounts soon. :D

Thanks for the comments guys. I was hoping someone had an attention grabber that I could try.