PDA

View Full Version : Hunter PGP sprinklers

Patti_Dayton
11-18-2004, 12:11 PM
:help: :help: :help:
I am currently considering a bid to install a sprinkler system at my residence. The contractor stated he is using Hunter pgp adjustable sprinklers, Irritrol valves and "Curbstop" fitting on the main water line from the city. All connections are brass and K grade copper and he is using a Rainbird timer. I know nothing about sprinkler systems and am looking for advice. Total install is approx $2,000 for a simple system, no drips or anything special on approx 1/4 acre.

I basically just want to make sure I wont end up replacing/repairing it constantly.

Thanks for your help!!

jaguar4000
11-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Patti- do not know how many zones (w/ 1/4 acre you will probably have 3 minimum, if not 4-6 zones) or heads will be in your system but $2,000 sounds very reasonable. If you are questioning the Hunter heads stop now. The Hunters are the best and I myself had the hunters at my own home we just sold. Just purchased another home last week that does not have Hunter heads but you can bet that when they break they will be replaced w/ Hunters. Rain birds are not bad either and as for the timer the Rain bird will be great! Most systems I see here have a Rain Bird or an Orbit timer. Get er' done-you will be happy. Good luck!!

steinerguy
11-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Did you post this message or do a search under the "Irrigation" forum. I have done a search there and there is a large group of information on heads that people like, much like who makes the best mower.......

Patti_Dayton
11-18-2004, 12:59 PM
I appreciate your answer jaguar! I believe he said about 4 zones. And yes I was worried about the heads, so I feel alot better now. I had had about 5 other companies give estimates, but they were all around 3000.00 I really wanted to make sure this wasn't too good to be true.
Thanks again!

Patti_Dayton
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks Joel! I'm new to the site and blonde to boot when it comes to this (it took me a while to figure out how to post a message). And when I had typed in Hunter PGP sprinklers and came up with only 2 posts, but I will check it out!

Thanks again

steinerguy
11-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Run the search by Hunter only and then you can see different comparisons between Hunter and others, weather the PGP series or others. I will be trying a new style rotator next year as I have an acre with 8 zones and can be hard on the heads as I live in sand.

TClawn
11-18-2004, 01:30 PM
those all sound like good parts. your getting a great deal from the contractor. I would charge at least $2500.

Runner
11-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Use the good stainless heads, and USE FLEX HOSE to hook up to these.